𝟻𝟺| 𝐈 𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮

Start from the beginning

You let out a bated breath as Billy bristled from the couch, the anger radiating from him was palpable. He moved to set his first-aid supplies on the short round table in front of the fireplace, and your shoulders jolted at the loud thud.

"It's as much his business as it is yours," You argued. How could Billy expect help with his murderous plans but not let Stu in on the events that led up to it? Or even explain why?

You remembered that night like the back of your hand, the night you discovered what Stu and Billy had done. The dumbfounded look Stu wore when Billy revealed his motive was the most jarring. Not even he knew of the affair that had befallen Billy's parents.

Still, it was crazy to think how Stu so easily agreed to kill. He hid his sociopathic tendencies from everyone so well. They both did.

"Stu barely knows his right from his left, and you expect me to trust him with information like that?" Billy countered abruptly.

"You trusted him enough to kill with him." You mumbled, tearing your gaze from his harsh one. You took the opportunity to observe the cabin you were in as it seemed to be deserted. There were particular items littered around the place, leading you to believe Billy and Stu had been staying here for a while. Though, as you glanced around, you noticed only Billy was here. "Where is he?"

"Probably waiting for you back at your place," Billy grumbled out. He wasn't so fond of Stu's late-night visit or the fact that he was painfully unaware of what transpired during his little sleepover.

As you pinned him with a look, Billy let out a sigh, aggravation creasing his brows. "I don't know, Y/n. I told him to get lost after he pissed me off."

Without another word, Billy turned to leave as he entered another room. Unaware of what he was doing, you thought he might not come back after his bubbling anger had filled the area with an uncomfortably thick tension.

However, he did return, this time with a pillow in hand. He stalked right up to you, extending his arm for you to take it.

You stared at it for a moment, eyes flickering to his as you slowly reached out to grab it. Sparks surged through your pulse as your frigid fingers brushed against his warm knuckles ever so slightly. You gave a small thanks, quickly taking the pillow from him as your chest fluttered at the unruly feeling.

Billy moved to sit in front of the fireplace, leaning his back against the table behind him as he rested his arms atop his knees.

You weren't sure how many seconds or minutes passed as he watched the snapping fire in silence. The wind howling in the distance reverberated as you thought back on today's events.

The explosion replayed in your head as if you were watching a recording of yourself in the third person. You've faced several instances of almost dying but you've never been that close.

Death loomed over you like a shadow, numbing your mind. But Billy's presence was the sole reminder that you were still alive.

Rising from the couch, your feet softly padded against the wooden floor as you approached him.

"Billy..." You called in a whisper, and he turned, surprised to find you crouching beside him.

"Yeah," His tone matched your gentle one.

All you wanted to do was thank him for helping you, yet the words wouldn't come out. You could only think about if you had died, what unspoken words would you regret not saying?

"I lied to you." You confessed, hesitant to say what came next as you shifted to sit on your knees. "I..." Unable to continue, you let your voice fade into a thick silence.