Part 6: Trost Reclamation

Start from the beginning

"Is this...death? It's far more...welcoming than I expected. I guess I'm going to see Ilse again...but how can I? I've achieved nothing and died so quickly. The motivation I have hasn't even been activated let alone achieved. Please...this can't be the end...right?"

The black void that had become his world suddenly came back to light. Where all Titan shifters would've died, a strange blue, centipede-like creature would take the place of his lower legs. Its tentacle-like legs attached themselves to the insides of the Titan. Y/n felt immense pain as he felt the energy from within the Titan getting absorbed into himself. Y/n's body began to repair at the cost of the Titan itself. Before he was fully healed, Y/n passed out from the pain.

Moments later:

Y/n awoke in a panic. The cold streets of Trost covered his back. The Titan that had eaten him ceased to exist. Y/n looked down at his legs and saw they had regrown. However, his ODM gear and clothes were gone or ripped.

Y/n: "Well...this is embarrassing." Y/n quickly looked around and found the lower part of his body that had been bitten off. Running over, he grabbed his old legs and pulled them into one of the houses nearby. Quickly, he put on his white jeans, brown boots, and all the other little bits of his lower uniform. "Shit. ODM gears busted. I also need a new T-shirt and a cadet jacket. Hint to self, don't die again."

Y/n looked around the house he was in and managed to find a T-shirt that was in his size. As he got changed, Y/n was surprised that no mark existed where he was bitten. A sizzle began to occur as his previous lower half began to evaporate away. However, it was not what Y/n was most concerned about. Carefully, Y/n looked outside to see if there were any Cadet jackets and ODM gear. It would cause an issue if he was suspected like Eren.

Y/n: "There!" Y/n spotted a Cadet who had his head bitten off by a Titan. Running over as fast as he could, he quickly pulled off the body's jacket and placed it on himself. After he placed the jacket on his body, a familiar noise of ODM gear could be heard.

Ymir: "Oh! Y/n! What are you doing down there?" Y/n looked up confused to see Ymir and Christa back. How long was he out for?

Y/n: "Old gears busted! Mind keeping an eye out while I put a new one on?"

Ymir: "As long as I can have a favour in return."

Christa: "No Ymir! Of course we can Y/n!" Y/n nodded at Christa as a sign of thanks while Ymir rolled her eyes.

Ymir: "I guess I'll go along with it then." Y/n quickly began to unbuckle the belt on the Cadet, pulling off his ODM gear in the process.

Christa: "5 meters approaching!"

Ymir: "Gah! Hurry up Y/n! We'll keep it distracted!" Y/n began to hurry up placing on his new ODM gear. Ymir and Christa circled the Titan. Both distracting it in turns of each other.

Y/n: "Done!" Y/n shot towards the 5 meters, moving underneath its legs, and cutting one of its Achilles tendons. The Titan fell forward onto its stomach, leaving its nap open for Ymir to cut it cleanly. "Thanks for the help!"

Ymir: "Yeah yeah. It was Christa's idea to come back."

Christa: "It was your idea as much as mine!" Christa wined. "Why can't you just be honest for once!"

Ymir: *sigh* "Yeah alright...you did save Christa with me so it's the least I can do."

Y/n: "Never thought I'd hear you say something so...kind."

Ymir: "Shut up. Idiot." Y/n, Ymir and Christa began making their way back to the Wall. A massive group of Titans gathered at the corner of the Wall. The sight of the behemoths was truly terrifying to behold.