Kara gave him a questioning look. "What? What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing." Rex waved a hand as if to blow the question away. 

"We're here!" Anakin slid down the ladder to the hatch wearing a protective suit. "Alright, let's get them out of here."

Everyone was carried out, including those who had perished to the Blue Shadow Virus. Kara and Rex were placed on stretchers and hurried to the medical bay, where Kix rushed around.

Ahsoka stood there with her arms crossed. "Master."

Anakin froze. "Yes?"

"I know about the mission. You are a terrible liar. You can't hide anything." Ahsoka glared at him.

Rex pursed his lips and hid his face from them. 

"Don't do it again." Ahsoka lifted her chin. "I'm not weak. I don't need to be protected. Sure I have nightmares, but that doesn't mean I can't handle this. I also have nightmares about flying Banthas, but that doesn't mean anything."

"Fine, but if you ever want to talk-" Anakin began.

"You're here for me, yes I know." Ahsoka stormed off. "But I'm still mad at you. You can't decide what I can and can't do!"

"Actually, I can!" Anakin realized and chased after her. "You're my Padawan!"

"You're all officially clear. The Blue Shadow Virus has been cleared from your systems," Kix declared, a month later.

"Finally," Kara grumbled, throwing the blankets off her. "That took too long."

"And come back if any symptoms return!" Kix shouted as everyone practically superintend from the room.

"General Skywalker gave us a couple rotations off," Rex told Kara after they went to his office to get his datapad. "He said our month of recovery didn't count, so we get some bonus time to relax."

"Nice." Kara frowned at Rex's hair, which had been shaved down again. "Do you dye your hair?"

"So what do you want to do? We could train, go play some piano, nap," Rex listed, avoiding the question.

Kara narrowed her eyes, but decided to let his evasion slide. "We could go find everyone and tell them about us. Don't forget, you made me swoon."

"Right." Rex nodded. "And I dipped you."

"And I grabbed your ass," Kara said with a grin.

"Yeah and- Wait, no. No you did not," Rex firmly said.

"Aw, why not?" Kara stuck her bottom lip out.

"Because it didn't happen and it never will! You're not touching my ass." Rex crossed his arms and scowled.

"But we said you dipped me and we both know that isn't going to happen! Why can't I grab your ass in the story?" Kara put her hands on her hips and glared up at him,

"Hold on, what says I won't dip you?" Rex demanded. 

Kara rolled her eyes. "Be serious. We both know between the two of us, I'm the one who does stuff like that. I kissed you first."

"I am being serious! I could dip you and make you swoon if I wanted to!" Rex took a step closer, challenging her to argue.

"I don't think you could." Kara sneered and gripped his chin. "If anything, I'd dip you."

He kissed her and put an arm under her back to support her. He grabbed one of her thighs and brought it at level with hip, causing her to fall out of balance. She leaned against his arm, and he effectively dipped her.

"How dare you?" Kara seethed in anger, wrenching herself away from him. "That was actually not terrible! The nerve! You're not allowed to prove I'm wrong!"

"I told you I could do it," Rex smugly said.

Then Kara reached around and grabbed his ass, cheering as he jumped away. 

"I did it! The whole thing was a plot to get you closer!" Kara stuck her tongue out at him and danced away from his reach as he tried to grab her.

"Sometimes I really hate you," Rex grumbled as he failed again to catch her.

Kara ran to the other side of his desk, laughing hysterically. "You don't act like it! Especially when you kiss me!"

He lunged forward and wrapped his fingers around her wrist, pulling her towards him. Her lips curled as she attempted to pull free, eyes widening as he placed a finger under her chin and tilted her head up.

"You kissed me first," Rex reminded her before pressing his lips to hers.

"I hate you," Kara muttered against him.

"Hey, I just wanted to- Maker!" Fives shrieked, making them whip around. "Holy shit!"

"What do you want?" Rex huffed in annoyance.

Fives' mouth gaped and he pointed between them. "I knew it! I kriffing knew it!"

"I swear, I can't have any privacy," Rex mumbled, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Even in my own office."

"Tell me how it happened. Who asked? Who confessed first?" Fives skipped inside, the door sliding shut behind him.

"I kissed him first," Kara answered, jabbing a finger out into Rex's chest.

"I win the bet! Everyone owes me ten credits!" Fives pumped his fist in excitement. 

"You bet I'd kiss him first?" Kara cocked her head, slipping out of Rex's grip. Rex grumbled as she left him and sat at his chair behind the desk.

"Yeah. Echo bet he'd kiss you first, Hardcase bet it would never happen, and Jesse bet that he'd have to give you CPR for some reason. I think General Tano put money on him getting drunk and making out with you." Fives frowned at the last one. "Or she said he would die in your arms and confess then. I got her mixed up with Kix."

"Commander Tano was in on it?" Rex asked incredulously. "Kix was too?"

Fives grinned widely. "Yup. I think she was the most enthusiastic about it."

"You're going to tell everyone, aren't you?" Rex sighed.

Fives didn't bother to respond, instead, he sprinted away.