She scanned the room. "Charger?" she asked, grinning.

"May charger ka naman ah."

She scratched the back of her neck. "Nasira e.  Sige na, lowbat na ako oh.  Hindi ako makapag-reply kay Jigs."  I shook my head and handed her the charger.  She snatched it.

Nasa pinto palang sya ng tawagin ko, "Ate She, may bisita?" I asked.  I'd been hearing a lot of noise downstairs for a while.  She just shrugged.

"Classmate ata ni Mike," she replied.  I nodded, closed the door, and went back to my study table.

I'd just settled in when someone knocked again.  I rubbed my temples and opened the door.

"Ano na naman?" I asked Ate.  At least she knocked this time.

"Dad's calling you," she said.

"Bakit daw?"

"I don't know.  Just go down," she said. I went out and closed the door again because my siblings might mess with my stuff.  I'm still not done, I'm making DIY stuff and scarfs for Valentines Day.  I'm sure I'll have a ton of customers tomorrow, and I have a lot of clients who have commissioned me, I'm making letters, flowers, other stuff...  all for Valentines Day.

The living room was empty, and I was confused.  Why would Dad call me? Maybe he has something he wants me to do.  Tss.

I sat down on the sofa and grabbed the remote to turn on the TV, but I heard something fall, like it came from the kitchen.

I quickly got up and went to the kitchen. I gave a puzzled look to the guy who is panicking, picking up broken pieces of glass.

"W-who are you?" I asked, my eyes narrowed.  He looked at me and dropped the glass shards again.  He bent down to pick them up, but then he froze.  I saw blood start to drip from his hand.

I rushed to him and took his hand to examine it.

"Shucks, malalim 'to," I said,  looking at his face. He was sweating, like he'd seen a ghost.

"Are you..."  I didn't get to finish my sentence because he quickly pulled his hand away and ran.  I followed him.

"Hoy!"  He stopped at our front door and turned towards me.  He kept bowing, like he was apologizing, then ran out again.

I burst out laughing at his reaction.  He was acting like a kid who'd gotten caught doing something wrong.

But then I snapped back to reality.  I shouldn't have let him escape!  How did he even get in here?  Was he a thief?  Did he run because he got caught?

I didn't waste any time.  I ran out of the house, hoping to catch him before he got too far.

I looked at our gate.  Right!  Why wasn't there a guard on duty?

"Hey, you!  Tumingil ka dyan!"  He looked back at me, panicking. He almost fell as he climbed over our gate, making me pause.

I ran towards him, but it was too late.  He was already down and running.  I tried to open the gate, but it was locked.  I looked around frantically.

"Shit! Nasaan na ba 'yung guard dito!" I said, exasperated.  That's why he chose to climb over.  The gate was locked.  I had no choice.  I climbed over the gate to chase the thief.