Akk thanks his friends for their support and accepts the repercussions of his actions. He absorbs his friend's words carefully, acknowledging the importance of following their suggestions. However, there still lingers this indestructible discomfort for the future.

Leaving no room to think further on this situation, Akk's phone screen flashes. A familiar ring erupts from his phone.

There's a new message from Ayan.

"Hey, are you free tomorrow?"

Another ring chimes.

"Can we talk?"

The atmosphere in Ayan's home was thick with tension as Akk followed behind him and into his room. When they got inside, the space was dimly lit by the soft glow of a desk lamp. The light was casting shadows that danced on the walls, mirroring the complex emotions swirling within both Akk and Ayan.

For a moment, Akk glances around the room hoping to find something to keep his eyes preoccupied in the awkward silence. On Ayan's desk, he spots an old photo Wat took of them together. It was decorated by a collection of golden stars surrounding the frame. In the picture, they were both swaying in separate swings. The smiles on their faces gleamed brighter than any galaxy in this vast universe. A twinge in Akk's chest bloomed at the sight. How he wished they could go back to those fond days right now.

He couldn't predict Ayan's next move. Akk was afraid, struggling to pick his feet up with each slow step forward. All he could do was try his best to prepare for the intense conversation ahead with him now.

Ayan, his expression serious, took a deep breath before breaking the silence. "Akk, we need to talk about what you said that night. I need to know your side of the story."

Akk, nervously fidgeting with the hem of his shirt, nodded in agreement. "I... I know. I've been wanting to talk about it too."

Ayan motioned for Akk to sit on the bed beside him. As Akk hesitated before complying, Ayan continued, "I want to understand why you kept it from me for so long...about your feelings and lying about dating Mes."

Ayan appeared apprehensive with his fists clenched and his posture rigid. His emotions of discomfort transferred to Akk easily.

He swallowed hard, his nerves bubbling to the surface. "Aye, I..." he sits in brief silence as he struggles to find the right words.

Ayan's lips curve into a soft smile, signaling Akk that it was okay to share and that he's safe. This was enough to give Akk the courage to confess.

"When I realized I was in love with you, I felt so guilty. I was scared... that you'd hate me or, worse, never want to see me again."

Akk took a deep breath, his eyes welling up with tears as his voice quivered with worry. "I didn't want to admit it. I knew my feelings would only cause you discomfort, and with everything you were going through, I thought it was better to keep it to myself. So, I tried being cold to you, avoiding you— I tried everything to hide my feelings, hoping they would disappear, but they never did."

And like that, it felt like the wall that was built between their mental fortresses, collapsed. Ayan could clearly see Akk now and could see every emotion he had been hiding for such a long time. Feelings of relief and sadness washed over him as he recalled numerous moments where Akk ended calls quickly, behaved in suspicious ways, and how sad he looked every time he saw Keo. Everything finally made sense, but the pain settled in his chest.

Ayan's eyes softened. He reaches his hand out to grab Akk's. "I would never hate you. You should have told me, Akk. Keeping it from me hurt more than the truth ever could." He lets out a shaky breath, "I'm sorry I stormed off when I heard your conversation with Mes...I was confused on how to react."