Part 2; The Lab (2)

(There's a few y/n and l/n in this part)

When I finally came back to consciousness, I looked around, trying to fully wake up. I was still in the chair, but it had gotten dark and the light was no longer streaming through the windows.

"Ah, y/n. I was hoping you would wake up before I left. How are you feeling?" Dr. O'Deorain said casually across the room from her desk.

"I feel...confused. What happened?" I asked.

"You don't remember?" Moira quickly scribbled something in a notebook beside her.

"I...don't think so."

"Mmh. Curious." She raised an eyebrow at me.

"What was in the syringe?" I asked.

"That's on a need to know basis, and you...don't need to know," the geneticist said as she turned off her computer and began packing her bag to leave.

"Oh. I see. It's confidential then," I said.

She hummed as she hung her lab coat on the hook near the door.

"Hey are you going to leave me strapped to this chair all night?" I yelled as she turned around to grab her messenger bag.

The redhead sighed heavily as she turned back to face me, "well... That was the plan. Unless-" she stopped herself.

"Unless?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Would you prefer to come home with me?" she hesitated.

"My my, doctor, did you just ask me to come home with you?" I smirked.

"Ill rescind the offer if you continue with your blasphemous comments," she turned towards the door.

"WAIT! Please. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry Dr O'Deorain. Please don't leave me here," I looked down.

She hesitated again at the door.

"This job will be the death of me," Moira sighed as she let me out of the locked chair.

I leapt out of the metal chair, stretching my back and cracking my neck. I shook around my hands, feeling the tension in them loosen too.

"If you're finished with the contortions, can we go?" Moira said sarcastically, reaching for the door handle.

"Yes, sorry," I smoothly rolled my body over my hands in a cartwheel, "I was in pain. That's what happens when you lock someone in a chair."

The geneticist rolled her eyes, walked out the door and locked it again after I followed her out.

This is the first time I've been outside in...a few days. I wondered if O'Deorain would notice if snuck away. It's dark, and there's no one for miles.

"Don't even think about running away," she said calmly.

I shot her a look, how did she know that's what I was thinking?

"I put a tracker on you, so you can run as far as you want but I'll always find you." Placing her keys in the light blue messenger bag she turned to face me again.

She actually looked...hot. White high waisted skinny jeans with a black button up shirt and a purple tie.

"What're you looking at me like that for?"

"What? Sorry? No, I'm not looking at you in a funny way," I disregarded her question.

She started walking to the carpark, and purposely bumped her shoulder against mine as she walked past with a slight cheeky grin.

"Coming, l/n?" she called back after a few steps.

I hastily caught up with her, walking on her right.