Chapter 15: A World of Your Own

Start from the beginning

"Chocolate flowers and chocolate bees!" Charlotte chimed in, appearing from behind the window.

"Chocolate memories that a boy once saved..." Willy said more to himself than the customers. "Memories that I won't let melt away."

He finally stepped into the shop and gestured for the cluster of citizens to enter the store. "Welcome, again, to Wonka's, everybody!" He skipped around the floor. "Try the river, it's delicious!" he said to a passing child and their mother.

They exchanged glances, before scooping up some of the chocolate river into their hands and drinking it. Their faces lit up with delight.

Seeing this, Charlotte plucked a pretty blue chocolate flower from the ground and handed it to the person beside her. "Here, try a flower!"

The person took the flower and bit into it, and a smile grew onto their face.

Within minutes of the opening, the place was packed with customers! Charlotte's heart raced with excitement.

Willy, clapping his hands to get the attention of the customers, climbed up the branches of the large chocolate tree. When he got to the top, he grabbed a handful of one of the cotton candy clouds that were floating around and ate it. "The clouds are made from cotton candy!" he told the people below. "Grab a handful- it's allowed!"

Then, he jumped onto the cloud and sat down on it. Charlotte giggled with amusement, wanting to climb up there with him. But before she could try anything, he grabbed a bucket that was presumably already on the cloud and scooped the contents out. Moments later, it was 'raining' chocolate and hard candy!

Charlotte covered her head to protect herself from the candy rainfall. The customers were amazed. They had clearly never seen anything like this before.

She looked up at Willy and he met her eyes. She could see the gleam of pride in his eyes, which made her body tingle with happiness. He waved at her from above, before climbing down to her level.

"Hehe," he giggled. "Like what you see, Charlie?"

She wrapped her arms around him and nodded excitedly. "It's wonderful, Willy! I can't believe it's finally happening!"

He wrapped his arms around her in return and spun her around in his arms. "I can't believe it either. It's all thanks to you and the others...Without them, I don't know where I'd be..."

"Ahw, don't give us the credit, Willy!" She nuzzled him. "You did most of it!"

He smiled softly and gazed down into her eyes. "It's a world of your own, Charlie." He placed a hand on her cheek and tilted her face up to look at him.

She smiled back and shook her head. "No...it's a world of our own."

He let out a small chuckle at this and his eyes never left hers. But then something happened. Just as she was about to speak again, Willy leaned in and-

Her eyes widened as she felt his lips press against hers.

He...kissed her?

She realized it was more of a spur of the moment than an actual planned decision, but it still left her in shock.

She had never been kissed before- not on the lips, at least. So she didn't know what to think.

His lips felt so soft and gentle against hers, much like his personality. She felt her eyes close and she leaned in slightly.

After a few moments, he pulled away, but was still close enough that their noses were touching.

"I..." she whispered breathlessly. Unable to form a proper response, she buried her face in his shoulder and she heard him chuckle softly.