Theorize our better lives

"Seriously Boss man?" Hawks chastised Izuku as he struggled with his tie. Izuku simply scowled as Hawks looked on with both empathy and Schadenfreude.

"Look, I used most of my life for important things. This wasn't on the list," Izuku responded. Turns out, firing half of your staff doesn't go unnoticed by the media. He'd been hoping to remain unknown for at least a week or two while he got interviews and more employment to keep up appearances. He'd hoped that the media or people in general would've just thought the HPSC went through an audit of sorts.

But of course, the fired employees have to claim their stake in what happened.

Granted, there weren't many. Only the few that could either afford to speak to the media or simply bail themselves out. However, with so many consistent stories, the vultures caught on.

"Someday, I won't be here to do this for you, you know," Hawks informed him, as he correctly tied Izuku's neck tie over his Red and Black vest. He was informed that he should've worn a standard suit or Tuxedo to keep up appearances, but that's not who he is. He's not the standard boss Icon, nor is he the typical top dog. He's an underdog, and he'll wear what he wants.

Plus, it's immensely more comfortable then any suit.

"Yeah, and then I'll have someone else do it. I've got more important things Keigo," Izuku smirked as he replied, with Hawks rolling his eyes in response.

"Mr. President!" A familiar voice said from the other side of the room. Izuku turned to see Kaina Tsutsumi, but not in her prisoner attire, but in her classic hero attire, from a time long past for her, and yet, still fit perfectly.

 Izuku turned to see Kaina Tsutsumi, but not in her prisoner attire, but in her classic hero attire, from a time long past for her, and yet, still fit perfectly

"Sure is nice wearing that again, right?" Izuku said, getting slapped by one of Hawks' wings.

"Stand still!" Hawks proclaimed, as Izuku rolled his eyes, and Kaina chuckled.

"Sucks that they didn't bother to clean the newest one, but I'll wear the older one for now," Kaina replied.

"If you want, I could probably get you a brand new outfit," Izuku said, doing his best to not move as Keigo finally finished his tie.

"Maybe another time. Let's get going Prez," Kaina said, ushering the now 16 year old out of his office. His birthday had been basically right after he became president. Hawks liked to call it, "Life's finally paying you back."

The Elevator ride was calm, as the trio rehearsed what would happen in the conference.

--------------------------------

The constant flashing and camera snaps were already getting to Izuku, and this was his first conference.

"Now I know why people hate journalists," Izuku said to himself as he sat behind the curtain.

"Yeah. Not all are awful, but god, there is so much fodder and waste in that industry. Enjoy Chief!" Hawks said, as he and Izuku got in line behind the curtain crack.