The Night of Nights (HSM REF!!)

Start from the beginning

As we reached the end of history I walk over to Trent and whisper in his ear and he looks over immediately understanding. I told them about Noah as soon as we were close.

Trent told me to just still sing it, and move on,
So I go up to the mic and do a small introduction to it.

"Hi everyone! Now tonight is the first night of the tour and we thought we'd perform a new song for you!!"

"This song I wrote after a fallout with a close friend of mine, I will always treasure him and he always will have a special spot in my heart, the song is called Mirrorball"

The music starts and I slowly breathe in before singing

"I.. want you to know, I'm a Mirrorball, I'll show you every version of yourself tonight.."

I smile, looking at Noah, who doesn't seem to be paying any attention but his friends are freaking out..

"I'll get you out on the floor. Shimmering beautiful.. and when I break it's in a million pieces"

Noah looks up at me, our eyes locking for a few seconds before he looks away. I look at Trent, who just nods at me.

"Hush, when no one is around, my dear, you'll find me on my tallest tiptoes, spinning in my highest heels, love shining just for you"

I point at Noah, and slightly inch up on my tiptoes, spinning around. He looks at me confused but doesn't really show any sign of caring.

"Hush, I know they said the end is near, but I'm still on my tallest tiptoes, spinning in my highest heels, love
shining just for you"

I stop looking at Noah and focus on singing, hopefully making a point through the song.

"I want you to know, I'm a mirrorball. I can change everything about me to fit in"

I think back to middle school when Noah first spoke to me we were complete polar-opposites until I started to read and actually get invested in my school work.

"You are not like the regulars, the masquerade revellers, drunk as they watch my shattered edges glisten"

I think about when me and Noah had the argument..

"Hush, when no one is around, my dear, you'll find me on my tallest tiptoes, spinning in my highest heels, love
Shining just for you.."

(the argument - Cody's Version)
I run out of Noah's house before anything else can be said, phone already in hand finding any contact I have with Noah and blocking it.

"Hush.. I know they said the end is near, but I'm still on my tallest tiptoes, spinning in my highest heels, love
Shining just for you"

I had just told Noah about Sierra, I thought he would understand.. but all I could hear in my head was that painfully annoying laugh.. he laughed at me, I was getting stalked by a psycho and he fucking laughed?..

"And they called off the circus.. Burned the disco down. When they sent home the horses, and the rodeo clowns"

I remember going home that day packing a small box full of any idea of what used to be mine and Noah's "relationship". I remember taking a red marker and drawing clown faces over a nice picture of me and Noah.

"I'm still on that tightrope, I'm still trying everything to get you laughing at me."

I remember first few days of getting to know Noah and immediately trying to make him laugh with a few stupid jokes I thought of, none of which he cared about..

"I'm still a believer but I don't know why
I've never been a natural.. All I do is try, try, try"

I think to now, on the stage and how Noah is here, listening to the song I wrote about HIM. It's really a full-circle moment, eh? Just my luck.

"I'm still on that trapeze, I'm still trying everything. To keep you looking at me"

I imagine myself on a tightrope, walking over to the other side, Noah is on the other side, only to fall and smash..

"Because I'm a mirrorball, I'm a mirrorball. I'll show you every version of yourself tonight. Get you out on the floor,
Shimmering beautiful. And when I break it's in a million pieces"

The crowd don't really know how to react but when they see Noah's reaction to the song they immediately knew it was about him and I could see they were stressing him out..

"Hush!.. When no one is around, my dear, you'll find me on my tallest tiptoes, spinning in my highest heels, love
Shining just for you"

It honestly felt like the song was never going to end but I finally got to the end, I looked at Noah again and stared him in the eye singing the last part and not looking away.

"Because I'm a mirrorball,
I'm a mirrorball. I'll show you every version of yourself...Tonight"

Everyone in the room cheered and clapped as I stared at Noah, who only slightly had a tug in the corners of his lips. The boy next to him was shaking him, obviously excited about something.

"Thank you everyone for a fabulous opening tour! Can't wait to see anyone with special meet and greet tickets backstage!"

I then gently put my instrument down and waved at everyone before leaving the stage.

💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐
1426 words
I LOVE FOLKLORE🪩🩶
Please know this will have a lot of Taylor references. :)
Thank you for reading !!