Snowed In With Summer: A forced-proximity cabin romance

Here's a scene from my new release, Snowed In With Summer!

Take one ex-girlfriend, a wilderness adventure, and only one cabin. What could go wrong in this fun second-chance lesbian romance?

Avery's dream winter trip to the Yukon hits a snag when she finds herself stuck in a yurt with her high-school ex, Summer. Partnered up for snowy activities, the mismatched pair must find a way to get along. But what if they also discover a flame that was never extinguished?

Let's drop in after Summer surprises Avery with a kiss at the hot springs, and the two former sweethearts return to their shared yurt alone...

Heat level: sex described in detail

My pulse doesn't stop racing all the way back to our yurt, where we shut the door and let silence engulf us

Summer pulls back her hood and shakes loose her dark hair, which is damp from the spa. The scent of her berry shampoo wafts toward me, awakening my senses.

Our gazes lock. My lips part as if in anticipation.

How is it possible to simultaneously want something and not want something so desperately? My body is making its desire crystal clear, but I don't know if acting on our attraction tonight will cause more pain.

Abruptly, Summer steps toward the bookshelf, studying it. "Do you want to play one of these games?"

Her casual tone catches me off guard. I follow her gaze, not processing what I'm seeing. A game isn't exactly what I had in mind. "Um—sure."

The silence presses in on me, tuning me in to Summer's every breath, every shuffle of clothing. She grabs a deck of cards. "Pick a card game."

I struggle to pull my mind away from what it wants right now and into something more appropriate. Summer clearly doesn't want to do anything if she's suggesting a card game, so I have to calm down. This is probably for the best, anyway. Acting on our feelings would be a mistake, right?

"Crazy Eights," I say. It's the only card game I ever really played growing up.

She pulls out a chair and sits at the wooden table. "I knew you'd say that."

I sit across from her, trying to smile.

How did we go from kissing to a card game? Am I going to be able to focus?

"We'll play it with a twist." Summer pauses shuffling and puts her elbows on the table, holding my gaze. "Strip Crazy Eights."

My heart lurches, and a wave of heat rolls through me.

"Oh?" I ask, my mouth dry.

"Whoever loses each round has to remove an article of clothing." She deals our hands, catching her bottom lip on her teeth.

An uncontrollable smile tugs at my cheeks. "Something tells me there won't be any losers in this game."

Dimples appear as she suppresses her own smile.