Chapter 4 ~ Meeting Them

After a long three-hour flight, Mase and I finally arrived in California

We had a long talk during our flight, and we decided that we weren't going to tell Asher that we had found Julie and that we were here in California. She already doesn't know Mase and me, and we don't want to bring another person she doesn't know. We don't want to overwhelm her too quickly.

We landed not too long ago, and we immediately went to the hospital where Julie was staying. When we arrived at the hospital, we were greeted by Officer Lee and a red-headed lady.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Winter. I am Officer Lee, and this is Sophia Maree. She is Juliet's social worker," Officer Lee said, shaking our hands, and Sophia doing the same.

Officer Lee told Mase about how Juliet was found, and I completely spaced out, not wanting to hear any of it.

I was too busy thinking of what Julie would be like to even notice that we were almost at her room.

"Juliet's doctor is busy with her other patients at the moment, so while you wait for her, you can introduce yourselves to Juliet's legal guardian and her friends," he said as we arrived at the floor where Julie was staying.

The walk to Julie's room was a blur. And still being in a trance was difficult to introduce myself and vice versa, so Mase had to introduce both of us.

While Mase was talking to Julie's legal guardian, David I think is his name, I decided to sit on the bench that was across from her room.

I wasn't sat there for long before I felt someone sitting next to me.

"Hi. I'm Christie, Julie's best friend,"

"Her bios are almost here," Chris sighed, sitting on the chair next to Julie's bed

The room was silent, and I decided to play games on my phone to get my mind off Julie's condition.

The doctor said her injuries weren't that bad but it'd take a while for her to recover. And that doesn't mean I'm not worried about her.

A little while later my dad came to get us to meet and introduce ourselves to Julie's mom and dad.

Her dad did all of the talking and her mom stayed silent and spaced out.

She went to the bench that was facing Julie's room and stared at the door.

She sat there for a while, so I decided to introduce myself.

She smiled sadly and asked, "You call her Julie too?"

I smiled back, "Yeah, she thought Juliet was too formal,"

We sat there in a comfortable silence before she asked;

"What's she like?"

"Um, she likes animals and taking care of them. She likes the colour pink and she puts bows on almost everything," I sadly smiled, remembering how she put two pink bows in her hair the day of the accident.

"Just like I remember," She chuckled but then frowned, "But she liked red more,"

"Oh, she still likes the colour red. But she likes pink more," I confirmed.

We sat there talking for a while, getting to know each other better and Estrella even showed me a couple of Julie's baby pictures.

"Um, I'm sorry to interrupt you two girls but Julie's doctor is here, Stella," Estrella's husband, Mason, interrupted us.

Estrella gave me an apologetic look before saying we'll talk later and left with her husband.

A/N ~

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry for the long wait but school has been keeping me busy and writer's block has been my best friend (note the sarcasm).

So this chapter might not be that good but, if you enjoyed it, please vote and comment your thoughts.

I also don't know if I should call David (Chis and Christie's dad) Julie's legal guardian but I'm just gonna go with it. But feel free to correct me.

 But feel free to correct me