A hunt to remember

{ Sams POV }

Road trip? Dean must've really let these monsters get to his head.
"Road trip?" I asked
"Road trip." He shrugged, "C'mon Sammy, it's just for a few days. Plus, he's our old man. So whadda say?"
I crossed my arms
"First off, it's Sam. Not 'Sammy' or 'Samuel', just Sam. Sam Winchester. Second of all, we don't even know where he is."
"You probably don't but I do, and sorry kiddo the name's gonna stick like gum on the bottom of your shoe."

I rolled my eyes as dean pulled out a leather notebook.

"Whats that?" I asked curious
"This, this is our great grandpas hunting journal. Neat huh?" he said passing it over to me.

"Yeah.." I said while flipping through the old journal, looking at spells and descriptions of monsters.
"Dean, it's only dad we're looking for, right?"
"Uh, right. Yeah, only dad."
I gave him a look of doubt
"What? You don't believe me? Alright, tell you what, I swear on 'baby' that we're only going for dad."
I scoffed "Baby?"
"The impala." he says under his breath.
"Jesus Christ, all this is really going to your head huh?"
"Shut up and pack."

--------------------------------------
{ Deans POV }

I watched as Sammy walked out of the doorway with Jesse following behind. Sam walked over to me and gave me his bags, I walked around to the trunk and slowly put them in. I wanted to hear what they were saying but I wanted to look discrete too.

"It's alright, I'll be back soon." Sam said hugging Jesse
"I'll wait for you then babe."
I hit my head on the trunk top, I rubbed my head as Sam came over hands in his pockets giving that little half smile he always has on.

"You ready kiddo?" I asked closing the trunk.
"Yeah.." he replied sighing
"C'mon brother, I can show you the world."

---------------------------------
{ Sams POV }

I was awoken by the snoring of my brother Dean, I yawned and looked out the passenger window. We were parked in a vacant lot, I quietly opened the door of the impala and got out. I opened up my phone to see the time, it was 3:00 am. I decided to call Jesse and tell him where I was.

Voicemail, that's funny, Jesse always answered no matter what. I called again but still no answer, I decided to drop the idea and get back in the car. I closed the door and pulled a bit to hard causing Dean to wake up.

"Nightmares?" Dean asked startling me
"Huh? Oh yeah."
"Clowns or midgits?"
I chuckled
"Well I'll be damned, you still remember?"
"Sammy, I remember the day you said your first word. Of course I remember all the nightmares you had, all the times you wet your bed. All the times you cried and scraped your knees. Wanna know why? Because I was there for you kiddo."
"Thanks."
"Thats what family does."
I looked at the bright light that shined in front of us.
"Dee, look!"
It was a beautiful sunrise, Dean and I marvelled at its beauty.
"Its gorgeous." Dean said with a smile.

And with that we drove off.

----------------------------------

{ Deans POV }

We stopped at a local diner and went inside for breakfast.
As we entered, my eyes caught a newspaper article and I grabbed it heading to our booth.

We sat down across from each other, I could feel Sam staring at me but I didn't pay attention.
I heard Sam cough and mutter my name loudly and I looked up from the paper to see a waitress standing beside him.

"Oh, uh, sorry. Coffee. Black, please."
She quickly scribbled down the order and left.
I went back to reading.

"I haven't seen you read since, well never." Sam scoffed.
"Well smartass, this is actually interesting. Look here, says 'Mysterious Woman in White has been seen on old Cunningham Bridge in Ohio. Over 10 deaths have happened.' Erie huh? I say we check it out."
I looked up at Sam and saw him giving me the bitch face.

"Dean, you promised on your car that we would only search for dad. That's it."
"C'mon Sam! People are dying, only we know how to stop this thing! We've been hunting our entire lives."
"Yeah, and thats the reason I hated seeing you all."

I sat astonished by what Sam had said, the waitress brought our coffees and I didnt even bother to glance at her.

"Sam. Please. They need us." I said grabbing ahold of his hand.

He sighed, I could tell he hesitated for a while. He gave in and said:

"One hunt Dean, one!"
"Alright, alright. One, but it'll be one you'll remember."