One wish

"How do you feel?"

"Do you even have to ask?"

"I want to know."

"If you cannot tell how happy I am, there is something very wrong with your eyes, Phi."

Mhok laughed and kissed Day's hand.

The past few days were as exciting and reassuring as they could be. Day returned from the hospital with doctor's declaration of most of his vision being back and expectation for the remaining blurry clouds to disappear within a week after the new implants fully incorporates. Day's mum gave in and let Mhok stay in their guest room to be close to Day. However, Mhok sneaked into Day's room or it was Day sneaking into his at night. They talked in the dim light or shared dreams under the blanket. It felt like a whole new world opened up for them once the heavy weight of fear lifted from their shoulders. And in such world, nothing stood in their way anymore.

"You know... when I saw you at the hospital..."

"Hm?"

"I think I fell in love at first sight."

"Ohoo, so cheeky. Am I that handsome?"

"Can you take this seriously?"

"I am asking seriously."

"Yes, you are handsome," Day admitted bristly. "But..."

"I do not want any buts, Day."

"Just shut it and listen," Day played annoyed. He adjusted himself to not look directly at Mhok when saying: "I wanted to say that... I know that my heart fell in love with you much sooner than that." Mhok placed a kiss into Day's hair. "But now I know I will not hold you behind anymore."

"Ey, Day... you never hold me behind."

Day shook his head. He did not want to have this conversation now. "Phi, I was thinking... that I could move out now."

"You... want to move out? To live with me?"

"Is there someone else I could move in with? Yes, Mhok, with you... Would you like that?"

"I would love that, Day." Mhok was smiling so hard his cheeks started to hurt. "Actually, I wanted to ask you the same. At some point."

"At some point... I am asking you now, Phi."

Mhok leaned in and kissed him. "You have just granted me one of my wishes, Day."

Day smiled. "What is your next wish?"

"There are plenty... Let's do one at a time, okay?"