Their Pokemons could be male I thought. Sprigatito who was wishing for the same looked at me.

I mean you are cute but-

What? That smell is really attracting me

What? That smell is really attracting me. Out of all Pokemons, is this one a female?

Sprigatito was happy as I was blushing. The final choices were made. Miss Briar then spoke up. Sprigatito and other Pokemons stopped producing aroma as she spoke.

They are intelligent enough to understand humans.

"So all of you have become Pokemon trainers. Congratulations! Please befriend with your partner."

"Miss, can we have a Pokemon battle?"

Two of the boys Marlon and Ryan who had made their choices with Totodile and Scorbunny respectively asked the teacher enthusiastically.

"Normally. Once you get your Pokemon you can get involved yourself into a Pokemon battle. You know when your eyes meets with a fellow Pokemon trainer a battle is announced. But in this academy, I would suggest you to build a relation with your partner. We could have a Pokemon battle tournament after a week."

The boys were still quite excited about it. The girls were discussing about Pokemon contest shows and some were happy that they could battle with their partner. Kathy on the other hand was showing stoic expression. Once again she side-glanced me. I averted my gaze to the teacher.

I must apologise soon.

"Well. There will be prize for every battle you win. After winning a battle, you will get a pokeball for each victory. Once you win ten battles, you will get a special ball called premier ball. After twenty victories you can get another premier ball and so on."

The teacher announced it as a tournament right on the very first day. The class was excited with this new announcement. A hand rose in doubt.

"Kathy, you have any questions?"

"Miss, does it means that this tournament will be held among all first year students?"

"No dear. It's just a small tournament among your classmates. It should be confined to the class. And you would be battling everyone in the class. This way you can make friends with your classmates. Any more questions dear?"

"Thank you miss. I have no questions."

As the teacher said we would be battling everyone in the class, it means there would be total 28 matches for each student and if a student wins all 28 matches. The student wins 28 pokeball and 2 premier ball. With these many pokeballs one could easily make a team of six or more Pokemons.

"Listen everyone. I am telling you some rules and regulations of the school. The school has a currency of Blueberry Point in short BP. With these BPs you can buy any items within the school campus. Currently all of you have 0 BP. One can earn BP by completing BBQ or Blueberry Quests. One can even obtain BP from the clubs they join in the school. But as you all are beginners so the school will provide you a 1000 BP. Well after winning a battle your opponents will give you BP according to their preferences. You can earn BP in battles but you may also lose some if you lose."

Then Miss Briar opened some suitcases. There were more Pokeballs in it.

"Everyone please take out your phones."

I took out my phone like others. My phone had a black cover. There were many people with red cover on their phone. The teacher threw pokeballs. Rotoms came from them and they entered the phones in our hand.

"What!?"

Many students were surprised after what just happened.

"Well this is your pokedex. Well it's actually a room phone but now with this an application is downloaded in your phone. It's the Blueberry Academy's application. It works as a pokedex and a BP wallet. All your BP can be seen in your phone."

As Miss Briar said, I found 1000 BP in my phone. The currency has a value higher than pokedollars. It seemed that 1BP is almost equivalent to 50 pokedollars. This means currently we had 50,000 pokedollars. It wasn't a small amount to begin with.

"Well you can also obtain BP through your academic scores in tests and term exams. The school even organises a lot of events where BP are kept as rewards. In case, you all ran out of BP there is no need to worry as the school canteen has free lunch set available."

After explaining all the rules and regulations, Miss Briar looked towards the class.

"No questions then?"

No one seemed to have any doubts.

"Seems so. So we shall continue the class after a small break."

With that Miss Briar left the room.

____________________________

Author's note:-

Hello everyone. This chapter covered the rules and regulations of the academy. The introduction of BP and few characters. There are lot of stuffs coming up soon.

Coloured illustration

Thank you.