02.

-Gabby-

my mind set on the game that was just days away. If Atlético can beat Real madrid, they'd be a few points closer to Real and more farther away from Valencia's advanced.

The Atlético vs Real game kept coming in my head and with that came Frank or Gareth or whatever he was. I had been avoiding for the last two days since he said he was Gareth Bale. Of course he wasn't, how could I have been texting Gareth Bale these few weeks without knowing. That's impossible.

my phone buzzed again in my jacket pocket. I pulled it out and for the third time was Gareth/Franks texting me once me. He hadn't stopped trying to text me.

//

Frank: are you avoiding me?

gabby: isn't it obvious?

Frank: why? what could I possibly have done wrong? I gave you what you wanted remember?

gabby: no. You are a liar, a lying rapist serial killer.

Frank: you have to believe me, I am Gareth Bale

gabby: you can't be.

Frank: i'll call you

Gabby: no, i'm not going to let you hear my voice and make it easier for you to find me

Frank: I am not a rapist or a serial killer

gabby: you need help.

gabby: serious help, how can you pretend to be someone you are not. You are sick in the head

frank: but i'm not. You have to believe me. I am Gareth Bale

gabby: good bye.

//

"these seats are wonderful." I looked on down at the field.

"Yeah, I tried to get the best ones."he chuckled. "I wanted to get the best view when we thrash Real."

"yeah, not a fan of them either." I cringed my nose in disgust. "can't stand them, especially that Ronaldo."

"can't wait to watch Turan put him in his place." Toby agreed. "I like your jersey by the way."

I looked down at the red and white striped shirt. I had gotten it for christmas from my grandfather, it was Gabi's jersey. He was my favorite, the captain and leader of the team as well as the love of my life. "thanks, I like yours."

Toby was sporting a Fernando Torres one. I was super glad, El Niño returned to his home. And what great return then to score those two amazing goals at the Bernabue in december.

//

I jumped to my feet at the 14th minute when Tiago, my little curly haired portuguese struck the ball past Iker Casillas and scored the first goal of the game. My heart immediately erased the pain it was in before caused by the sight of Koke leaving the pitch in pain.

"we scored oh my gosh." I jumped into toby's arms. "I'm so happy."

"Me too." He squeezed my body closer to his.

By the time half time came the score was already 2-0 Atlético's lead. I never enjoyed such a game more in my life. Even I had to admit that I thought Real would of gave us a fight, some hard competition.

"this is supposedly the best attacking team in the world?" Toby chuckled, as we watched the teams jog back into the pitch. "Their front three is invisible. Benzema os the only one actually trying but Ronaldo is gone and Gareth Bale is a fraud."

Hm Gareth Bale. I looked down at the pitch and spotted the number 11 winger. He looked a bit down as he should be considering they were down 2-0 and he was playing like shit, not that I wasn't happy about his performance.

"His mind is definitely not in the game." Toby grinned. "which is of course good news for us."

//

"you never told me how the game went?" Emilia sat besides me on the bus.

"Real lost 4-0 you know this." I looked at her.

She rolled her eyes setting her hand on my shoulder. "no not that, I meant what you and toby did. Will you guys be seeing each other again?"

"I don't know. All he talked about was the game the entire ride home and he didn't even walk me to my room once we reached campus, all he did was stop and said he had a good time and ended it with a see ya around." I said glumly, I wasn't exactly expecting a kiss or anything from him but maybe be a little more romantic. "I guess he sees me as nothing more than a friend."

"Aw Gabs, i'm so sorry. I know how much you like him." She wrapped her arms around my shoulders squeezing them.

I shook my head at her words. "oddly, I really don't care. I thought I would be heart broken but I'm okay with it."

"Are you seriously saying what I think you are saying?" She stared at me with her mouth ajar.

"yeah." I nodded. "I think i'm finally over toby."

My phone buzzed in my jacket pocket just as we reached our stop and were getting off the bus. I pulled it out, I kind of already knew who it was and this time he was calling me. I quickly hit the ignore sign and shoved it back into my pocket.

"who was that?" Emilia asked curiously watching me.

"no one." I shrugged. "no one important."

"so shopping?" Emilia asked.

"shopping." I agreed.

we walked through the streets of Madrid, dodging and weaving our way through the massive crowds of people walking along the sidewalks.

"wow the not important person must think you are really important." Emilia looked at me with a raised eyebrow as frank/Gareth called again for the 50th time. "Is there something your not telling me?"

"It's this crazy guy." I admitted. "He's just really obsessed and crazy."

"ooh scandal. Who?" She grinned leaning closer to me.

"Is this guy, frank I don't know. He told me his name was Frank and then changed it to Gareth and now is claiming he's Gareth Bale." I said, I recounted Franks and my texting times.

"And now he's been calling you non stop?" Emilia asked. "Aw I want a guy to be obsessed with me."

"Emilia!" I scowled at her.

"lo siento. What if he really is Gareth Bale? You'd never know unless you actually hear him out." Emilias said.

I threw my hands into the air in fustration. "Emilia listen to me. He is not Gareth Bale, he cannot be Gareth Bale. That's crazy. Why would he lie about his identity when we first started talking?"

"maybe because he didn't know whether to trust you or not with his identity and when your friendship blossomed he wanted to tell you." She said.

"He didn't want to tell me, I had to force it out of him." I pointed out.

We walked into this clothing department that sold outrageously crazy expensive clothes. Mainly designer clothes and all that good stuff.

"I'll go try these on." Emilia said once we reached a stack of Vera Wang dresses. "It'll probably take a chunk of a while."

I don't even know why she bothers coming in here with me knowing well I would never waste my money on a Louis Vuitton bag or Michael Kors Sandals.

//

End of second part