CHAPTER 1 - WHEN I MET YOU

(In 2023, Sevi is still in his high school phase.)

Sevi's pov

I was sleeping peacefully when my mom called my name. I slowly opened my eyes to adjust them to the sunlight. "Sev!! It's already 5 am, you have school!" My mom shouted behind my door. "I'm coming, mom!" So yeah, I stood up from my bed and went straight to the bathroom to take a bath.

An hour later, I finished preparing myself for school. I went downstairs to the dining room and ate with my parents. "So, Sev? Do you like your new school?" my dad asked. "Yes, Dad," I smiled and nodded while eating. When 6:30 am hit the clock, I waved goodbye to them because I was going to school. I sat in the backseat of our car while the driver drove me to school. I was excited to enter my new school. I'm now in high school, so I need to give my best. Well, I'm still in grade 7, but I promised my parents that I would graduate valedictorian in high school. Thinking about my future, I didn't know that we were already here at my school.

Fast forward...

I wandered around the university. It's navy blue, black, and white in color. It's so beautiful, neat, minimalist, and simple, but the powerful layout for a prestigious school like JRU. Soon, I found my classroom. When I entered the room, all eyes were on me. They looked away after a few seconds, and then the teacher signaled me to sit on the empty chair in the middle part of the classroom. I nodded and sat on the chair.

After some time, a girl entered the door. My heartbeat increased. She's beautiful. No, she's gorgeous. I stared at her as if she was an angel sent here from heaven. Her smile was perfect, and everything about her was perfect. I blinked my eyes to see if she was true, but she wasn't there anymore. Was I daydreaming? What the heck? But then someone tapped my shoulder. When I looked at the person beside me, I almost fell on my chair. It was the girl. "Hi, mind if I sit beside you?" Her voice was soothing, and soft. I couldn't utter a word, so I just nodded with a smile.

"I'm Riece, what's your name? If you don't mind me asking?" The girl asked as soon as she sat on her chair beside me. "I'm Sevi... Sevi Fuentes," I answered. I got a little embarrassed because I stuttered in front of her. "Mhm... do you want to be my friend?" I could feel my cheeks heating up. I didn't know why I was acting this way, but I knew she was my crush. I nodded to her. "I will be glad to be your friend, Riece." She smiled, and I reciprocated her action.

Bell rings...

"Riece, let's eat lunch together if you don't mind," I asked her. Finally! She just nodded with a smile. My mind suddenly played a random music LANGGA by Wilbert Ross. Huhu, what's wrong with my thoughts!?!

Riece's pov

Sevi is so cute. I didn't realize that I was staring at him while we were walking in the hallway. Then, I felt our pinky fingers touch. My inner soul freaked out. "Gihigugma?" That one word slipped out of my mouth, but I saw his reaction being confused. Glad he couldn't understand Bisaya, I laughed a little and shrugged. "What is 'giguhigma'?" He asked, and that made me laugh hard. "Gihigugma, not giguhigma. HAHAHAHAHA!" I corrected his pronunciation with a smile, and he nodded while laughing too. "What is the meaning of it?" He asked, and I just laughed it off. "Hindi ko po alam," I lied.

"What do you want to eat, Sev?" I asked when we were at the canteen counter. "I think, a chicken sandwich and orange juice is enough for my lunch. I don't eat rice that much, so yeah," he answered with a sweet smile. I nodded to him. I bought rice with a sunny-side-up egg and milk, and he ordered a chicken sandwich and juice for him. We sat on an empty bench inside the cafeteria when three boys approached our table.

"Yoww boys!! Whatcha doin' here?" Sevi said with his hyped voice. Then, he turned to me with a smile, as always. "Riece, these are my friends. I hope we all get along. I'll be happy! So, this is Justin, Kai, and Jake. They're all foreigners, Jake is Australian-Korean, Kai on the other hand is German-Korean, Justin is Filipino. I'm Filipino too, but I grew up in America. How about you, Riece?" Sevi asked after introducing his friends to me. "I'm just Filipina, that's all. I'm from Mindanao, I grew up there." I hesitantly answered. I'm afraid that they will judge me for being a Bisaya girl. "Oh?! That's why you're... attractive. What's your parent's work? If you don't mind me asking..." Sevi said, and his friends were just looking at the two of us, silently. "My parents are businessman and woman here in Manila. That's why I'm here. They own this school." They seemed shocked but washed it over and nodded. Our lunch passed by with happy chit-chatting, laughing, and nonstop kulitan with them.

Class hours ended...

Even though I didn't want this day to end because I enjoyed hanging out with Sevi and his friends, the day eventually ended. It's okay! We still have tomorrow and the next day, til next week, next month, or next year. HAHAHA, I'm being dramatic. Hayst! I'll just sleep. I still have to wake up early tomorrow for school.

 I still have to wake up early tomorrow for school