Chapter 1

The village we live in doesn't have a name, but I like to call it the village of the sacred woods.

I look around my room, it's small and messy, baskets and books scattered everywhere. As I shift to lay down on my bed I start thinking of why we need to stay hidden in the woods. I grab a book from my nightstand called "creation" everything in there "explains" how things turned out the way they did. It is played off as silly folklore that shouldn't be acknowledged but I can't help but whish it was real.

I open the book, as I flip through the pages, it states that when the world was created, the creators of the elements were challenged in a war by humans and apparently, humans won.

As I stand up and open the door, I realize that nobody else is in the house, I might as well go on a walk.

The air smells like bread outside. As I walk through the town I hear talking and laughter among the younger kids.

"Hello there chole" a shopkeeper says, I wave. As I keep walking I sit down at a empty dock and enjoy the ocean view. Sometimes I wonder what is beyond in the forest. Whenever I think what's beyond where we went, I remind myself that we're hiding for a reason.

"Chloe" I hear a voice say. I turn around to see my friend,at first all I can make out from the blur in my eyes caused by the Suns beam is a minty green dress. "Hey Elise" I say, slightly surprised by her sudden Aperence. She sits down next to me. "What are you thinking about, "? She asks. "Do you ever wonder what's beyond the hunting spot, "? I question her looking at the sky.

"No" she says, "and neither should you, theyforbade us from leaving for a reason, " she continues.

"Right, sorry" I say. "You do realize that thought's like that is what makes you a rebel right, "? She commands.

I don't respond.

"Sorry" she says "it's just, we have been through everything together and I don't want to loose you" she continues, her voice is jenuine.

"Don't be, we've been freinds for two years," I exclaim "and somehow you still haven't aged a day" I joke, she laughs and plays along, sitting down with her legs in front of her and leaning back, her hands supporting her "I'm like the Aphrodite of 1679" she says jokingly. "Only this time you aren't jealous of everyone who breathes the same air as you" I say, we both laugh, it's true, she's good natured, considering, and I trust her with my life. Whenever she comes to mind, I don't think of someone jealous of those better than her, I think of someone who would support them.

We both stare into the mesmerizing sky but after a few moments of silence Elise speaks up. "Chole, I'm gonna need you to say to me that you won't bring up what's beyond the forest" she says.

"Fine" I say

Soon enough night roles around and I'm rolling around in my bed. My thoughts of what is beyond the settlement won't leave me alone, if they had nothing to hide, we wouldn't be stuck here.

I stand up and walk to my dresser. I quickly change out of my nightgown and into a powder blue dress that only reaches my knees and has long sleeves.

As I quietly walk out of my room I spot my sister asleep in her room. She is 4 and I'm 13 so we don't really have the same interest but we still care about each other. We made a promise that we wouldn't keep secrets from each other, a promise I'm about to break.

I quietly walk out of the house and I imagine Elise's disappointed face. But it doesn't mean I will stop, I have questions and I need answers.

As I walk through the woods I wonder why they kept us in the settlement, so far I haven't come across any harmful effects. As I continue walking I find an abandoned cabin, it doesn't look like anyone is in there but I decide to knock any way, but when I do the door opens as soon as my fist touches the door. Nobody is here "anyone there,"? I ask, maybe they are hiding, I would to if someone knocked on my door unannounced.

"I don't want trouble I promise" I say, nobody answers. As I walk in I see it's not much of a home but more of a hiding spot for hunters. Maybe that's what this is. I walk up to this table with a book, a liten candle, and a crystal.

Curiosity has always been my weakness and I can't help but open the book. As I flip through the pages I recognize where I saw this from, was the story of the creators real? That's what this book says.

Suddenly, I hear the door open and I quickly turn around to see a green shirt under a white jacket. "I thought you said you won't talk about what's beyond the settlement," she commands

"I'm not talking about it, and I had to know before I lost my mind from craving answers. " let's just go and 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 come back here, " she says

I'm about to argue when suddenly, the crystal almost falls but I pick it up, only something happens when I do. I see different glows of green, yellow, red, and lastly a extremely dark purple. Then I see nothing but a glowing light blue.