Darkness

Enjoy!

Kae's Pov:

I was still in shock, I couldn't move. Did Rosa really risk her life for me? I heard the door slam downstairs and it snapped me back to reality. She dropped her phone on the closet floor and I picked it up to see that it had cracked when she lunged at the intruder. I walked out the room cautiously and looked outside the door on both sides. I started walking down the stairs and one of the steps creaked, I stopped for a second and cursed under my breath.

I slowly moved quietly down the stairs and noticed blood on the wall. I covered my mouth scared, where is Rosa? I walked downstairs and see a whole bunch of things broken and thrown across the floor. I don't understand, one minute everything was fun and next the moment turned into complete darkness. I checked the whole house but she was gone and no one else was here. I should've helped her, I should've had her back like she had mine earlier. But no, I was a coward and it's my fault that she's gone.

The police finally arrived, you're too late, I thought. I found Rosa's moms number in her phone and called her and told her everything that happened and she said that she was on her way. I walked out the house and ran to the cops telling them everything. A few went inside and checked the house even after I told them nobody was in there, they said it was standard procedure. 

I can't help but blame myself, because it is my fault. I could have helped her, before she did it she mouthed the words 'I'm sorry' to me, I was confused why she did it at first. I started crying and crying til I couldn't anymore.

"THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!" I yelled. Rosa's mom came up to me with her other daughter Natalie in her arms. I grabbed her mom and pulled her into a hug. "I can't believe this is happening again, My baby kidnapped all over again" She cried out. Again?

"W-What do you mean again?" I asked taken aback by what she said. She nodded and cried silently "When Rosa was 10 I was married to another man, I didn't know he was crazy until I divorced him. He had always taken care of Rosa so he felt like that she was his daughter. Well when I kicked him out for cheating on me, he came back and kidnapped Rosa. After a few weeks when she was found he went to jail and when she came back she had bruises and broken bones all over her body. I was thankful he didn't rape her but he still took some innocence out of her, for a while she was depressed and shouldn't have been going through the stuff she went through at a young age. When she came home he told her he would be back for her" She sobbed telling me the whole story. 

"Oh my god.." Was all I could say, Rosa never told me about that. If she didn't tell me then I guess she didn't want to relive it, but now she is. Because of me. "This is all my fault, I should have helped her. Where would he take her?" I was about to start crying again but no tears escaped my red puffy eyes.

"I don't know but don't blame yourself baby, if you would have helped her he probably would have killed you" She went and sat down on the porch and put her head in her hands. I sat next to her and hugged her, I comforted her.

I told the cops everything that happened even about when we were trying on her moms shoes, but her mom didn't care about that she wanted Rosa back. The cops said they were going to investigate right away, he took down her ex step fathers name and where he last resided in. His name was Terrance Fuller.

I stayed with her mom for a few hours, helping clean up the mess that was made by Terrance. But by the end of the night she suggested that I went home and got some rest. But when I got home I couldn't sleep, all I could think about what that bastard was going to do to Rosa. I can't stop blaming myself for what happened.

--

Chris's Pov:

*At School the next day*