35. I'm Not Prepared Yet

Shehnaaz  and Sidharth  had visited a church

Shehnaaz and Sidharth had visited a church. At the church, the priest gave them blessings and also a gift to enhance their relationship with love and affection.

Shehnaaz had become a little emotional when she prayed to God to spend her life with Sidharth .

Driven by her emotions and love, she even expressed her desire to get married.

"Sidharth , I think we should get married now,"Shehnaaz had said.

Sidharth was a little surprised to hear those words. But Shehnaaz was quite delighted with this thought.

She held Sidharth 's hand and proposed to him in a very romantic way, "Mr. Shukla , Will you marry me?"

Sidharth stared back stunned. "What happened? Did you get shocked? Answer my question, Sidharth ," Amber asked, smiling.

Sidharth tried hard to bring a smile to his face but he didn't succeed. He wasn't happy with the proposal.

"What are you talking about, Shehnaaz ? Umm... getting married... Ah... why so soon...? What is the need of getting married too early? I mean... we have ample time to think about marriage. Why decide in a hurry?" Sidharth expressed.

Shehnaaz was delighted with the thought of getting married to her love. She had a
million-dollar smile on her face but that smile disappeared as soon as she heard Sidharth's reply.

She had not imagined such a cold response. She had thought that Sidharth would go mad after listening to her proposal. Especially because Shehnaaz had proposed to him. In almost all relationships, only men take the initiative and propose to their lovers, but Shehnaaz chose to be different. But his reaction was opposite and disappointing to Shehnaaz .

"Why is Sidharth behaving weirdly? We love each other. We live with each other, so what's the harm in getting married? Why do we need time? Now that I've found the love of my life... I want to walk down the aisle, recite the vows and live my "happily ever after". But Sidharth ..." Shehnaaz thought.

Shehnaaz wanted to question Sidharth , but she observed that he was a little upset after listening to her. His face had turned dull, his smile had vanished and he looked serious. Shehnaaz could see something weird in his eyes.

"Perhaps he might have remembered his first experience. He might have recalled his past. Sidharth has not recovered from the betrayal and he would be having second thoughts regarding marriage since then. I should have thought about it. Sidharth gave a second chance to love but it took immense courage for him to do so. I should have waited for some more time before proposing marriage to him. Anyway, we love each other. We would get married if not today then tomorrow. He's right. We shouldn't rush into it," Shehnaaz decided.

"Where are you lost, Mr. Shukla ? Don't tell me you've assumed that I want you to marry me right now in this church? No... that's not the case," Shehnaaz told him, smiling sheepishly.