xv. handshake

Magsimula sa umpisa

Robby nodded in agreement and Molly didn't notice the boys cheeks starting to turn pink. Molly took a bite of her muffin and shrugged.

"I like it. Nothing too crazy, but I do like to just always be touching my partner. Holding hands, close proximity, cheek, temple, or hand kisses." Molly explained, a bashful smile on her face. "Wrap your arm around my shoulders or waist. Put you hand on the small of my back when we're walking somewhere public."

Mollys eyes had been on her muffin while she spoke and when she looked up at Robby, she finally noticed his slight blush and dropped jaw.

A small panic washed over Molly and she quickly shook her head. "If that's all okay with you, of course."

Robby realized his reaction to Mollys words could've looked like he was uncomfortable. He shook his head reassuringly and let out a small laugh. "Fine by me."

Molly let out a relieved breath and calmed down, she shoulder falling slightly. She nodded, glad that Robby was comfortable before she perked up, her eyes wide. "Oh!" She yelled, making Robby's eyes widen. "But no..." Molly paused, pointing at her lips. "Actual kisses."

Robby looked absolutely dumbfounded, shaking his head crazily. "What? How are we going to look like a couple if we don't kiss?" He asked, almost sounding upset that he wouldn't be kissing Molly.

"Look, it's just..." Molly sighed and licked her teeth. She looked inside the cafe and raised her shoulders as a way to keep herself closed off. "Kissing is a lot more... personal. For me it is at least. If I'm going to kiss someone, I want it to be real. Even if we're pretending to be real."

It was silent between the two, Robby letting Molly's words sink in. After a couple seconds, he nodded. "Okay." He said, making Molly turn back to him. He gave her a reassuring smile. "No actual kissing. Is there anything else?" He asked and Molly's smile widened.

"That's it!" She said cheerfully, glad the plan was finally about to start. "Once we shake on it, we have officially become fake boyfriend and girlfriend."

Robby's smile fell, a small grimace making its way on to his face. "We seriously have to shake on it?" He asked and Molly tilted her head, a taunting smile on her face as she put her hand over the table and towards Robby for him to shake.

"Yes."

Robby rolled his eyes, holding back a smile. He pulled his hand out from his lap and grabbed Molly's hand. A small spark shot between the two as they shook hands and they both smiled.

...

Molly ended up being late to karate. Once she parked, Molly had to change into her gi in the backseat of her Jeep.

She walked into the dojo frazzled, worried that Johnny would yell at her for being late. All of the other students were still stretching, both Sensei Lawrence and Sensei Kreese were still in the office and hadn't noticed Molly was late.

Molly quickly joined the crowd of students, walking right up to Aisha and sitting down beside her to stretch her legs.

Aisha's eyes widened as Molly joined up to her. "There you are! Why are you so late? I thought you stopped dropping Robby off at Miyagi-Do?"

Molly let out a breath of air and started to lean forward to grab her leg so she was more warmed up for class. "I did."

Aisha squinted at Molly. "Then... why were you late?"

Molly smirked to herself, her eyes on her stretched out foot ahead of her instead of Aisha. She looked around the room to see if anybody could hear them and noticed both Hawk and Miguel looking over at them with confused looks from a few feet away.