vi. stargazing

"Fighting positions!"

As much as Molly hated to admit it, she was actually starting to like learning karate. Mollys even gotten a lot closer to Johnny since she's been in karate too.

"Did you just flinch, Virgin?" Johnny asked a boy a couple of people away from Molly. Instead of turning her head to watch the two interact, Molly looked at the reflection in front of her.

She watched as Johnny moved to look at the boy behind the one that had flinch. Johnny raised his fist as if he was going to punch the teen and when he boy flinched, Johnny dropped not only his fist, but his jaw too. "Holy shit, we got a room full of flinchers."

"Yes, Sensei!"

"That was not a question!" Johnny yelled back at the students. Molly held back her laugh as the angry man walked towards the front of the class. "Raise your hand if you've never been punched in the face."

Molly, Miguel, Aisha, and three other kids raised their hands. Both Aisha and Miguel turned to Molly, confused looks. "You've been punched in the face?" Aisha asked. Molly turned to Aisha and Miguel. She smiled and nodded at their confusion. "Mhm. First day of computer camp. It was Demetri." Molly said in a matter of fact tone. That was how she had met Demetri and Eli.

Miguel's once raised eyebrows furrowed at Molly's words. "Demetri punched you in the face?" He asked. He and Aisha turned to each other before they turned back tk Molly, not believing her.

Molly rolled her eyes. "Well, not well." She muttered.

Johnny groaned, gesturing for the students to drop their hands. "Put your hands down." He muttered.

"All your lives, you've been avoiding fights so you don't break your nose or lose a tooth. This concussion nonsense." Johnny said and Mollys brows furrowed. While her Sensei's eyes were looking around the other side of the room, Mollys leaned towards Miguel. "Does he not believe concussions are real?"

Miguel kept his eyes on Johnny as he leaned towards Molly. "He doesn't believe in peanut allergies." He whispered back and Mollys jaw dropped. When Johnny turned back to Molly and Miguel's side of the room, the two of them went back into their original stances as if they weren't talking prior.

"So there's only one solution, and that is before you leave this dojo, each and every one of you is going to take a punch, very hard, to the face." Johnny yelled. He looked to the few students who had been punched in the face and smirked. Just from being in a few lessons, Johnny knew Molly had the best punches.

"Miss Preston, line them up. Unflinch this group."

Molly's eyes widened, not expecting Johnny to have her be the one to punch everyone. She nodded anyway, a small smile on her face. "Yes, Sensei."

Johnny nodded back at Molly and walked into his office. As Molly walked out of her line to look at her peers, Miguel followed after Johnny.

Molly turned to face the students and backed up so she was in Johnnys normal position. "Okay! Line up!" She yelled, clapping her hands.