iv. three worded phrase

It turns out, Demetri and Eli were running away from Kyler and his buddies the night of the Halloween dance

It turns out, Demetri and Eli were running away from Kyler and his buddies the night of the Halloween dance. Molly found this out after Miguel came over to her apartment the next day to tell her that his mom is making him quit karate.

To say Molly was upset with Demetri and Eli was an understatement. She couldn't believe neither of them told her they left Miguel stranded with all of those bullies. Molly told them that what they did wasn't okay and you don't leave friends stranded like that. Demetri and Eli took Molly reprimanding

Molly really thought her words had gotten into their heads until Demetri started joking saying he didn't want to keep getting yelled at by Mama Molls.

Those words made Molly reprimand the boys for another hour.

Now, Molly, Eli, Demetri, and Miguel were in the library working on their homework. Each of them had their own side of the table; Molly was on the side across from Demetri, Eli on her right and Miguel on her left.

"So that's it? No more karate?" Demetri asked and Miguel sighed. Miguel had broken the news to the other three about how mad his mom was about Miguel taking karate and getting into fights. Miguel's eyes didn't look up from his notebook as he shrugged his shoulders. "I guess so." He muttered in defeat.

"It's probably for the best. It was starting to boost your confidence." Demetri said to try and comfort the boy. Molly whipped her head in Demetri's direction and shot her foot out, kicking him under the table.

Demetri held back yelping in pain at Mollys kick as Miguel turned to him with furrowed brows. "Isn't that a good thing?" Miguel asked as Demetri brought his leg up into the chair and started to rub it to make it feel better. He turned to Miguel and shook his head crazily. "No. What has confidence ever gotten anybody except for a black eye and their backpack thrown in the trash?"

Molly squinted at Demetri, looking back and forth between him and Eli. "A relationship?" Molly suggested, considering her and Eli wouldn't be a thing if she wasn't confident in asking him out.

Eli smiled at Molly's answer. He turned to Miguel and rose his eyebrows in hopes it would make him feel better. "Well, I thought it was kind of cool how you stood up to Kyler."

Demetri looked at Eli with wide eyes and a dropped jaw. "Are you insane?" He asked Eli and before giving time for him to answer, Demetri turned to face Miguel. "Let me ask you. What is the best superpower anyone could have?"

"Super strength." Miguel said and even though the question wasn't towards Molly, she answered as well. "Flight."

Demetri shook his head as he pointed at Miguel. "Wrong." He said before he looked ahead of him to Molly, pointing at her with the same accusing finger. "And wrong." He said, making Molly give the boy a disgusted look.

"Invisibility." Demetri said as he noticed the expression on Mollys face. He rolled his eyes, not wanting Molly to feel bad. "A distant second would be teleportation or super speed to get away fast."