Kabanata 54: Ataraxia

Start from the beginning

"My therapist said that I will be able to be officially okay to stop receiving sessions. Tapos bukas makukuha na rin yung results ng auditory examination." She said while taking food on the coffee table.

"Do you want me to accompany you?" I said, carefully. Tumango lang ito sa'kin while staring at me animatedly. She looked lost at hindi pa sana magbababa ng tingin kung hindi pa ako tumikhim. She really have this strange hobby of staring at me as if I am the finest last piece of beauty to fuzz over.

She took the initiative to put something on my plate. Ako naman ay kagat ang ibabang labi para pigilan ang ngiti. All of those little things that she kept catering were enough for me to feel my heart swelling because of her love.

We decided to eat in one plate kasi sabi ko. I never heard any complaints from her. Dahil alam kong ayaw niya talaga dati na may ka-share ng plate. But when I asked her kanina I saw how laid back and happy she is with the idea.

Ilyich Ruelle is really something else.

"Love, alam mo ba dati akala ko senior citizen ang magiging instructor namin sa'yo dati. Kasi sa portal walang picture daw tapos initial lang meron. So, I assumed that you would be an old faculty member. Kaya rin nagulat ako noong ikaw ang pumasok." Kwento nito habang nililigpit ang mga plato.

"What's your first impression?" Tanong ko rito at nakita ko naman ang pagtaas ng sulok ng labi nito na para bang may naalalang kapilyahan.

"Ang unfair ng diyos... Isipin mo parang trial and error lang kami kapag tatabi sa'yo. Tapos ang tawag ko pa sa'yo dati ay alter ego ni Elsa kasi ang lamig mo noong unang week hanggang second week. Tapos anak naman ni satanas habang tumatagal." Tumatawang saad nito hindi ko naman napigilang hampasin ito sa balikat after ko marinig ang katangahan niya.

"Ah! Aray, love. Hindi pa kasi tapos e." She whined while caressing her arm.

"Spill," Inis na ani ko rito ito naman ay tumawa lang.

"Pero alam mo kahit ang brutal mo sa'min tuwing drills, we are glad that you handled those courses and even subbed for different courses na hindi mo hawak. We did more efforts because of you, kaya nga batch namin ang pinakamaraming laude because you were amazing." Ani nito while giving me a wide smile.

"And I am happy to create spaces for more learning. Thank you, Jag. Thank you for always being there, for always having my back."

"You know that I will always love you until we find the extent of the universe." She whispered while giving me a chaste kiss.

"Ilalabas ko lang ito, love. Then kailangan na natin umuwi kasi kakausapin raw tayo ni Papa." She offered while taking the tray with her. Tumango lang ako rito.

I immediately browse something from my phone and I saw a picture.

It was first stolen picture of a someone from the theatre. It was the kid that encourage me to do law.

Good old days. Kung sino man siya ngayon, I know that kid is successful.

***
"Love kasi, bili na tayo non." She said in a persistent whining tone.

"Jag, I told you na it's not practical to grab those because they will expire sooner that's why they are on sale." Ani ko rito habang masama pa rin ang tingin sa mga favourite biscuits niya na naka-sale.

"Okay." She sighed in defeat and even insisted na siya na lang ang kukuha ng ice cream sa kabilang aisle. I even shook my head and chuckle lowly.

I put few bags of her favorite biscuits in our cart. At dahil distracted siya ay basta na lang niya nilagay ang ice cream sa cart without checking much more.

Noong nagbabayad na kami ay nakita ko ang pamimilog ng mata nito matapos makita ang binayaran namin.

"Hala, lovie! Thank you!" She whispered and even kissed the side of my head. She is really unapologetic of showing her affectionate side.

"Shh. Just don't tell anyone, okay?" I whispered to her playfully and she just nodded feeling so giddy kasi nga ay napagbigyan sa gusto nito.

I mean, I love seeing this side of her. I love watching her to be adorable and fuzz over something.

"Uwi na tayo, Love." Aya nito sa'kin while swinging our intertwined hands. All of her stuffs were placed in our car kanina. She insisted na ilagay muna while we stroll inside the mall before going to the house for the talk to mom and dad.

****

Sinalubong kami ni Mommy at Daddy ang mas nakakagulat pa ay naroon din ang Mommy at Daddy niya.

"Hi, Mommy and Daddy!" She greeted both of her parents casually while still holding my waist. She have giddy and lovesick expression.

"Guessing, you guys made up?" Papa said in his lower casual tome.

"Yes, Papa. Pero inaway muna ako ng anak niyo as usual." Pagbibiro nito na hindi ko na lang pinansin kasi nagsasabi naman siya ng totoo.

"Let's eat?" Aya nila Mommy at Papa.

Sumunod din ang mag-asawang Constantine sa hapag namin.

"Kailan ang kasal?" Tanong ni Sir Santi. He is laid back but a powerful man.

"Kahit bukas, balae." Biro naman ni Papa habang narinig ko naman ang tawanan nila. At kaming dalawa naman ay halos mabulunan sa mga pinag-uusapan nila.

They talked like crazy at the dinning table. My dad even brought up my days where I competed to represent Philippines in Equestrian competition.

"So, hija you are an attorney and a dentist?" Tanong ni Sir Santi.

"Yes po. I recently got my licensed in Dentistry right before I flew all the way home." I replied while giving him a smile.

"Come on, Rev! Let's stop being formal. Sooner or later you will be part of our family. Loosen up!" He said while smiling at me.

We talked again just like how we do general meetings. They are close and it warms my heart that it is sinking.

I am home. And this how it feels like to be home.

***

A/N: I plan to be nicer this year so I am not going to use the first plot. 2 more chapters and let's close this story. Thank you, babies. Sasusunod ulit. Anyway, please support Soulless of the Pure. It will be Zoel Story.