Chapter Three

Samael stared at Lucifers small home for hours. he felt so much regret and guilt. Samael helped summon Belphegor to heaven, yet Lucifer was the only one being punished. Samael sat and stared, thinking of what would happen next. Samael turned as he heard a flapping of wings behind him. Samael sighed in relief; it was Raziel. She walked over and sat next to Samael, looking over at Lucifer home. "it's not your fault," Raziel whispered. Samael nodded slightly. it was his fault, and he knew it. he should be the one in an angelic coma speaking with God.

"It is, you wouldn't understand..." Samael mumbled, pain and regret stung his voice. Raziel looked at Samael with a small frown. she draped her wing over Samael in an attempt to comfort him. "It'll be okay," Raziel mumbled softly to Samael. "I hope so," Samael responded. They sat and stared at Lucifer house for hours.

eventually, a small golden-brown angel approached them. "Raziel, Samael. it's time for your shift at the gates," The angel said, his voice was soft and gentle. Raziel smiled and nodded. "Come on Samael," Raziel said as she stood up and unfurled her wings. The golden-brown angel gave Raziel a curt nod before flying away. Samael sighed deeply before finally standing up. "Stupid angel, stupid gates, stupid heaven," Samael grumbled softly to himself as he flapped his wings and started to fly towards the gate, Raziel close behind.

"Come on, Samael, it won't be that bad," Raziel said, smiling softly. Samael simply scoffed. he landed clumsily at the gates and sat down. Raziel sat on the other side of the gate. Samael wasn't really focusing on guarding the gates and zoned out thinking about Lucifer.

"It should be me in the coma, not Lucifer." Samael scolded himself silently. he wished he had convinced Lucifer not to summon the demon instead of helping him. That stupid demon really messed things up. no one even knew where Belphegor had gone, the imp was missing. Samael blamed the entire situation on himself. why he wasn't being punished was a mystery to him. he should be kneeling before God, begging for mercy. not sitting at some gates doing nothing all day.

"Sam!!" Raziel yelped, jerking Samael out of his thoughts. "Razie- What?" Samael stammered, looking around in confusion. "Stop zoning out! what if something comes!" Raziel scolded softly. Samael sighed, rolling his eyes. he comfortably curled up, placing his head on his front paws. he wrapped himself with his wings and purred softly at the warmth. Raziel sighed and decided to not even try to bother with Samael.

Samael started to doze off and imagine himself fighting the powerful queen of hell. hell has a ruler, a queen. a powerful devil called Iblis. Iblis is a huge dark orange-yellow demon with blood red eyes. No demon has ever been able to defeat Iblis. The angels have never tried. angels usually tend to stay away from hell as much as possible. Samael thought about slashing Iblis's throat and becoming the king of hell. he'd be a powerful and merciful king. he didn't care that it was hell, he just wanted to be a leader of something.

as he thought about being ruler of hell, he thought about the devil, Iblis. Iblis wasn't the only ruler in hell. Hell was ruled by many high-ranking devils, keeping the peace and order. if Samael was ruler, he'd be able to keep the peace and order all by himself, without other devils or demons helping. he'd be the perfect ruler.

there were 5 circles of hell, and Samael knew that he could rule all 5 circles. or at least he daydreamed that he did. he'd defeat all 5 of the overlords. Iblis, Azazel, Dagon, Abadon, and Belios. they were the strongest demons known to all, but Samael was an angel. angels obviously could defeat any demon with ease. Although Samael was just a normal angel, so defeating them would prove to be difficult. He wasn't confident about the upper ranks, but Belios and Abadon he was already confident about. "Maybe i could get lucifer to help..." Thought Samael. Lucifer was an archangel. He would demolish all demons with ease.

Lucifer sat alone on a small cloud, it bobbed slightly. "I can't make any more mistakes..." Lucifer huffed to himself. If he were to make one more big mistake, he'd be cast out of heaven, his home. His stomach twisted in worry and fear. Where would he go? He sat, panicking slightly, as he started to daydream about where he would go.

He stood alone in a dark forest, screams of terror could be heard in the distance. He looked at his paws, which were covered in blood and mud. His blue eyes widened in terror and confusion. He screeched for help. Only to get nothing in response. He felt like a lost puppy looking for his family. "My family would never abandon me..." Lucifer whispered to himself. Lucifer wandered the forest. It was huge, dense, and bloody. All the trees and plants were an eerie, blood red color. The trees were ugly and smelled of death. Screams and yells for help could be heard coming from all around him. Is this hell? But no matter how hard he searched, he could never find the animals screaming for help. He could never save them.

A loud flap of wings next to him flicked him out of his dreadful daydream. He glanced over, tears filled his worried blue eyes. His gaze met with Vance, one of the other archangels. Vance was one of the nicer and more understanding archangels. He was nothing like Micheal or Raphael, who were always stuck up and bratty. "Are you okay?" Vance asked, his voice was soft and smooth. A voice anyone would yearn to hear, a voice that soothes and calms. Tears slipped from Lucifers eyes, he quickly wiped them away and tried to regain his composure. "I'm fine, just thinking about what could happen..." Lucifer mumbled, trying not to speak to loudly to avoid voice cracks.

Vance sat down next to Lucifer, looking at him with a soft, understanding smile. "Let's not dread on the past and worry for the future. Focus on the present," Vance said, nudging Lucifer softly with his wing. Lucifer chuckled dryly. "The present is that there's an imp running in heaven and it's my fault," Lucifer growled. Vance chuckled softly at Lucifer's sourness. "We don't have to worry about him, Micheal will hunt him down," Vance explained, "it's out of our paws," he added. Lucifer looked up at Vance with a small smile plastered on his face.

Vance wrapped one of his wings around Lucifer, pulling him closer. They sat in a peaceful silence as they watched the clouds. They watched as younger angels bounced on the clouds without a care in the world. Lucifer chuckled softly as the young angels attempted flight for the first time. They sat peacefully for hours until they were needed for a meeting.

Micheal flew down, interrupting the silence that the two were enjoying. "Lucifer, Vance. Its time for the archangel meeting," Micheal said in authoritative voice. Lucifer scoffed at Micheal. Ever since the incident, he's felt below Michael, and he didn't like it. "We will be there in a few minutes," Vance answered. Micheal gave a curt nod before flying away. Vance and Lucifer exchanged soft looks, exchanging friendly smiles at each other before they left for the meeting. They flew next to each other. The feathers on the tips of their wings brushed against each other as they flew above the clouds.

As they neared the meeting room, Lucifer's anxiety starting to itch at him. Would Micheal mention the fact that an imp was still lose in heaven? Would Micheal attack him? He dreaded for what may happen. Vance saw Lucifers panicked face. "Hey, it'll be okay. If Micheal gives you trouble, you know me and Gabriel will always be there for you," Vance calmly said. Lucifer gave Vance a small smile and mumbled a "Thank you."

The meeting went smoothly. They planned on ways on how they could catch the imp and they didn't blame Lucifer in any way for the imp. It made Lucifer very happy to not be blamed for something for once. Vance smiled softly when he noticed Lucifers joy. Lucifer and Vance had always been quite close, ever since they were young. Although they do get distant at periods. They supported each other, they helped each other. They never judged each other for the other's decisions or beliefs. Vance never judged Lucifer for a second, even when Lucifer summoned the imp. Same with Lucifer, despite the fact that Lucifer was a very judgmental person, he'd never judge Vance.

After the long productive meeting, Vance and Lucifer flew back to the cloud and talked for hours. they watched the sun set. it was a beautiful orange fiery sunset. it reminds Lucifer of where he would go if he were to mess up one more time. the fiery depths of bellow filled his mind, burning away at his thoughts. he was engulfed in its cruel flames. the ash covered his eyes, allowing him to see nothing but the black and gray of the ash. The screams of the poor souls flooded his ears, he couldn't bear listen. He tried covering them, but to no hope. Hell was his worst nightmare. Even though he's mischievous, he would do anything to stay out of hell.