Chapter 2 - The Encounter

Warning: Swearing, violence, threats of death

How did I get here..? 

Please don't kill me, please don't kill me, please don't kill me

Its all I can think about in this situation I find myself in, I knew it would be inevitable, but to happen so soon? When I'm still so new to the precinct, completely unprepared? Living my worst nightmare two times within the same couple of weeks is horrifying. 

I can taste my own blood on my lips, I must have gotten injured when she slammed me into the wall. I don't understand, why was this happening? Why was she here of all places? Why did she corner me on this wall?

Why was  Marigold Tempest in all her glory towering over me? Her hand tightly around my neck, keeping my head and gaze up at her so she could watch me, even with her mask covering them, I could feel her eyes piercing intently directly into mine. I could barely breathe and her amused smile at my fear felt bigger then life itself. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier that day:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome to Precinct Prime new recruit!!"  Said an incredibly over enthusiastic secretary at the front desk. 

Approaching this building had been more intimidating than I'd care to admit. It was a huge mansion, maybe even a castle at this point, with acres of land and forests separating itself from the rest of the city, even though it's located at its heart. The whole area was grand and almost like a separate world. The metal gates were tall and dangerously laced with magic, almost everything about this place was, by what I don't know, but it somehow all felt the same. Like the same presence and power was somehow connecting and possibly controlling everything around me. But that level of power must be impossible. My uneasiness only grew as the gates opened, allowing me to continue towards the mansions door. 

That preppy secretary practically jump scared me with her greeting, I almost dropped my box of office and stationary equipment.   

"Oh. My. Gosh!! I've been so excited to meet you! How was your journey here? Are the accommodations to your liking? Gosh, have you ever even been here before? What's in the box!? Do you need carrying anything?? Do you know your YouTube famous??" 

And I though my previous coworkers were chatty. 

"Uh...No, I've never been here before...and my things are set to arrive some time today after the tour, I assume your Miss Abigail? The one I emailed with? She is supposed to show me around." I say calmly, glossing over the video question.    

"Yep! That's me! I am Abigail!" She said reaching a hand out for a shake, I smiled and shook it, holding the box with one arm.

"Follow me, the tour will now begin!" Cheerfully stated Abigail, walking with a skip in her step.

Not what I expected at all. I assumed all the employees in this murder mansion would be more depressed? Fearful maybe? But she seems nice enough...maybe there's hope and things won't be so bad..?

Déjà vu overcame me as I walked a few paces behind Abigail, who was enthusiastically explaining things to me, but my eyes and mind once again wondered to the breathtaking space that was the interior of this precinct. I thought this place was great and grand from the outside, but the inside was even more magnificent. Intricate woodwork through the walls and the visible foundations of the building, matching perfectly with the dark maroon walls and white tile floors that released a crisp sound with every step I took. Rustic golden framed paintings littered the walls, all of strange unrecognizable figures with reoccurring features, maybe they were relatives? My breath hitched as once again I froze and stopped to admire a painting of none other then the Tempest. Just like before with the live news footage, for some reason, I can almost never bare to take my eyes away. She wore a burgundy dress, matching her incredible mansion. The metal mask she's notoriously known for wearing over her eyes is different in the painting to the one she currently uses, must have been painted some time ago.