John and the circus

Hey guys this is my first story, ever, so please tell me what you think about my writting? maybe things i could improve or whatever. Please comment and let me know what you think and if you would like to know what happens next, please no rude comment im new at this :) (By the way this story takes place during the 1920s so if you dont understand some phraces i use soo sorry)

~ Chapter 1 ~                          

 I hate them. I can't stand them.

“Stop wasting your life on baseball, John” and

“Why can't you be better at school John?”

are definitely my parents favorite quotes. Just because they are my parents doesn't give them the right to tell me what to do with my life. And if I tell them that, they’ll bring up the “you’re not an adult yet” speech.

they have made my life so miserable so many times they should be glad I haven’t ran away long, long time ago. Its like they do this on purpose. All my life i’ve had my parents breathing behind my back, telling me what to do constantly so the neighbor don't think bad of our family. because we're all about puttin’ on the ritz here.  

 Every time i get a taste of freedom, my parents just come and cut my wings. And that’s why I decided to take Volo’s offer.

 At first it seem too childish. I mean running away with a circus seems pretty pathetic. But what do I have to lose? I'm very passionate about baseball, but I can play that anywhere in the world. And then theres

my parents. At first I felt very bad to leave them just like that, but my dad told me once to always take the initiative. Which is exactly why I’m considering this idea. Besides, the circus offers me the one thing I’ve craved for all my life, freedom. They are always doing tours around the world and going places I didn't even know existed! Of course, to such a good offer there had to be a down side. I get to be the animal feeder. to begin with, i’ve never liked animals and they usually don't like me. But if feeding four elephants, two lions and a seal is what my freedom costs, I’m ready to pay the price.

You might be wondering how all this circus escape plan came to mind. Well it all started two weeks ago when I had this big argument with my parents about how I spend too much time playing baseball and not enough time with my family. So my dad had the idea to spend more time together. Like spending all sunday at church isn't enough. And he had heard about a circus coming this weekend to Atlanta, so he bought the tickets. I said it was a balled up 1 because theres many other things we can do as a family instead of going to a silly circus. But i was proven wrong the moment I stepped inside the tent.  

 The entrance was full of colorful lights and poster of the acts that they were presenting. I was surprise my parents actually wanted to come to a place full of regulars. Thats what my parents call people below our class. The circus was full of typical stuff like lion tamers, acrobats, clowns and some guy name bullet. He must be one of those people that shot themselves out of canons. They also had freak shows with identical twins that read minds, bearded lady, the tough guy, strong, big and mean and a man with 4 legs. Whic to be honest was the only thing I was looking forwards to.

It was ridiculous how my parents are more excited than me. “Isn't this the bee’s knees!” my mom kept saying as she grabbed my knee. She was right after all, I did like it and it was the bee’s knees, but i just nodded because I didn't wanted to give her the satisfaction. When the show was about to start i

remembered the most important thing, the snack.

My stomach rumbled as a reminder of how hungry I was.