Chapter 10

Leon

I’m not sure if Elsie knew what she did just then, disappearing and reappearing another person, out of thin air. The bond felt fuzzy. Like I had one too many to drink. But Celeste came over to me after she reappeared, shaken. This was Celeste’s world, sociallite, planning parties, and making grand gestures, and I had a feeling that she just met her match.

“Leon,” Celeste began to cry. “Why didn’t you tell me, first?”

“Well, Elsie had a near death experience, followed by a sickness. I wasn’t fully attached to my phone the entire time, thank you for the 50 text messages though.” I said to her, I felt nothing for her, which was weird because a year or so ago I would have taken countries and kingdoms for her.

“You kniving man.” Celeste said between her teeth. “What am I supposed to be now? The princes mistress?!”

Celeste stomped her foot like a child.

“What do you mean?” I asked her, confused at her notion.

“I was promised to you, and your mate shows up a month before we’re wed?! You don’t find this off putting, Leo? Are you sure she’s your mate? What if she is an imposter!” Celeste yelled to me, good thing were off in the corner.

“She is my mate, I know that through and through.” I said to Celeste.

“Then prove it.” Celeste stated. “Show me your mark.”

“Celeste, I’m not-” I began and she screamed.

“SHOW ME! YOUR MARK TO THAT WITCH OF A WOLF!” Celeste was becoming unhinged.
I began unbuttoning my shirt slowly, and looked upward to see that Elsie is being escorted by
Connor, following my mother. I undid my cufflinks and removed my shirt. I was disgusted by the smell of Celeste’s arrousal for me.

“Are you satisfied?” I said to Celeste, who was broken in front of me.

“Yes. But know she is not welcome at the court I groomed for us.” Celeste said to me, tears falling.

I bent down to Celeste’s level a little bit, and spoke in her ear. “You will welcome my Mate with open arms, or I will have the guards treat you like the whore you are.”

Celeste gasped. “You wouldn’t dare.”

“I know you like to have multiple people at one time, and I know you like it when people watch.” I said under my breath folding my shirt nicely over my arm. “Don’t make me punish you Celeste.”

Celeste’s eyes went to the floor. I don’t think she knew how to take that. I kept my shirt off to show the mark that Elise put on my chest and show off my now prominent mating bond mark on my arm. My eyes met Elsie’s, she was a few tables ahead of me just yet and I felt her pain when she looked at me. Did I screw up? Yes. I should have told Celeste when I met Elsie, but I didn’t. Celeste bowed to me and I moved toward my Mate and brother.

I watched Elsie from afar for a few moments, she had a drink in her hand and she seemed calm. I wasn’t expecting her to be so calm after Celeste made her unwelcome announcement. Then I saw her be introduced to someone by my brother, she gracefully took their hand and curtsied to them, smiling a big and wide smile. She looked over my direction, making eye contact with me I saw the smile fade from her lips. That hurt my heart a little bit, but I stood tall walking over to her and my brother.

“Elsie, may I have you back from my brother please?” I asked her, her eyes looked hollow. She was so overly hurt from what I did, it was unreal that a smile was on her face moments ago.

Elsie took my hand and nodded to Connor in a thank you. He was pleased.

What happened with Celeste? I asked her, escorting her to a table for some snacks.