EP 102: Is Love Enough? - Act II

Start from the beginning

SPENCER

(heavy sigh)

Kia, this is what she does. These little disappearing acts ain't new.

(furrows brow)

But she emailed me a contract the other day. So, there you go. Problem solved. She's fine.

KIA (V.O.)

From her or her assistant?

SPENCER

(ponders)

I-- I don't know... Look, I don't have time to play Where's Waldo or worry about what's going on in Olivia Baker's head, aight?

Tisha grimaces. Yikes. Harsh much?

KIA (V.O.)

You know, Spencer? You're right, what the fuck was I thinking? Silly of me to think you'd give a damn given it's her dead father's birthday... That's my bad.

SPENCER

(eyes sadden)

Kia...

KIA (V.O.)

Jackass.

Kia disconnects the call.

Spencer curses to himself as he tries to check Olivia's location. No bueno. Tisha notices the worry etched on his face.

TISHA

Are you okay?

SPENCER

Yeah. Yeah. Just your typical family drama. All good.

TISHA

You know you have the worst poker face in history. Just call her.

SPENCER

They'll figure it out. They don't need me. She doesn't need me.

Tisha eyes him knowingly. The sadness she often notices.

TISHA

Dear, God... There's that look. I fear if I don't leave soon you're gonna start whining about memories on the corner of your mind.

SPENCER

(snort laughs)

You're such an asshole.

Tisha throws on a T-shirt and eyes her phone.

TISHA

Alright, brother to the night I have some time. But if I'm gonna listen to this you owe me food.

(heavy sigh)

I have a feeling it's a double feature. By the end maybe I'll convince you to do what we both know you want to do anyway.

Spencer shakes his head as he follows Tisha into the living room.

He TEXTS TODD: When's the last time you talked to Olivia? Hit me up, ASAP.

CHYRON: 4.5 YEARS AGO (6 MONTHS AFTER RUNAWAY BRIDE FIASCO)

MUSIC CUE: "Missing You" - 112

INT. SPENCER'S LA APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM/ KITCHEN - MORNING

The space is in complete disarray. Old takeout boxes. Dirty dishes. Empty liquor bottles. Clothes thrown about. Girls Trip PLAYS in the background.