𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑟 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 | 𝑒.𝑏

PAIRING: evan buckley x fem!reader   WARNINGS: no warnings                                 GENRE: just pure fluff                                            SONG INSPIRATION: starry eyed by ellie goulding WORD COUNT: 571

you were grateful for days like these, where the sun shone brightly against the material of your curtains. the sound of light snoring beside you making a smile tug at the corners of your lips.

looking over to find a very asleep evan, half of his face smooshed into the pillow he laid on.

there weren't many times you actually get to see him this relaxed, only when he slept or when he was just simply in your company.

as much as he was your big strong boyfriend, he reminded you more of a golden retriever.

you took this time that you had to trace over his features with your fingertips. starting by lightly running your fingers through his unkempt hair then making your way over to his cheeks.

your thumbs gently brushing against the skin, going over a few faded scars in the process, moving over his prominent smile lines.

ugh if there was anything you loved the most it was this mans smile, it was so contagious and when you're the one to make him smile? oh god, you felt like you were going to turn into a puddle right then and there.

you had decided you had done enough admiring and it was time for him to wake up, so you did what you do best and attacked him with tiny little kisses all over his face, starting with his forehead, then his nose, to his cheeks and lastly next to his lips.

"buck..." you whispered close to his ear, he groaned at the loss of contact, but smiled when he heard your voice but still didn't open his eyes.

"why'd you stop? i was enjoying that," he whined as he stretched, making you laugh. quickly giving into his request by lightly stroking up and down his arm, making him sigh happily.

finally opening his eyes looking at you, "hi baby,"

"hi hon, how'd you sleep?"

"really good except the fact that i was literally melting last night since we're both always so warm, but i didn't want to let go of you, you're so comfy."

he looped the arm that wasn't underneath his pillow around you, bringing you even closer to him, if that was even possible. so you were now truly sandwiched between evan and the bed.

you loved the days the two of you both had off work, since it meant that you didn't have to leave the bed. just lay there wrapped up in each others arms, kissing and doing other very...productive activities too.

lifting your hand back on his cheek as you looked at his face, your thumb once again finding itself caressing your lovers cheek stopping as you leaned in, pressing a soft peck to his lips.

a grin stretching on his own as you pulled away only far enough to dip your face into the crook of his neck.

"i really love you, buck."

"i love you too sweetheart."

and you proceeded to do just that into the later years of your lives, as you fought fires and saved others together. as you scolded each other when either one of you landed yourselves in the hospital for a couple of weeks or longer. no matter how mad you were, you'd always love one another.