𝐈𝐗 : 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐥𝐲𝐦𝐩𝐮𝐬

Start from the beginning

After a few minutes, they all laid down to get some rest after what happened.

Of course they made Grover and tara share a bunk.

Grover and tara were slumbering while percy and annabeth were.. well I guess thinking.

Percy sighed, hesitantly saying. " hey, you asleep? " hoping someone would answer him.

It was silent until annabeth coldly said. " yes. "

Percy relaxed a little. " you and thaila were really close, right? "

Annabeths voice sounded confused. " yeah. "

Percy looked looked at the ceiling. " what was she like? "

Annabeth blinked, a little uncomfortable. " why? "

Percy sighed again. " she was the last forbidden child before me and Tara, right? " he paused. " she must've dealt with the same kind of stuff. "

Annabeth shrugged. " she was tough. I mean, she knew she was a forbidden kid, she just didn't care. Tara reminds me of her. But when Luke and thaila found me, Luke cared for me right away. But thaila.. she made me earn it. "

Percy raised his eyebrows. " is that why you give me a hard time? Me and Tara gotta earn it with you too? "

Annabeth sighed. " Tara's already earned it and you, yeah, maybe. "

Percy gazed at her. " I gotta say, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. "

Annabeth sounded a little frustrated. " what doesn't make sense to you? "

Percy made hand movements while talking. " the way you guys all talk. The way the gods want us to think. Gotta burn an offering to get a parents attention. Gotta beat up on clarisse, this goes for me and tara just to get our parents to admit they are our parents. It isnt supposed to work that way. " he paused, silence filling the room before he continued. " people who are close to you aren't supposed to treat you that way. "

Annabeth looked a little understanding, just a little. " you wanna know how I ended up alone on the road in the first place? " she paused, waiting for an answer but nothing came so she just decided to continue. " I started out as a gift to my dad. That's how it works with athena. We're born from a thought in her mind, and then given to a partner she's connected to. And for a while, I was treated like a gift. " her gaze saddened as she shook her head. " my dad cared for me. He loved me. I knew it. Then he met a women. They had their own kids. And to her,
I— I wasn't a gift. I was a problem. So I left. I was seven. It isn't the gods who think that way. It's everybody. But at least with the gods you know the rules. Show them respect and they'll be in your corner, no matter what. "

It was silent for a few minutes until suddenly Grover groaned, rubbing his eyes.

Percy looked at the top bunk where Grover and tara shared the bed. " you two awake? " percy said.

Grover sleepily said. " well, I am now. Thanks. "

Tara opened her eyes a little. " shut up, let me sleep dummies. "

Percy looked confused. " are you guys okay? "

Annabeth grinned a little. " he's super grouchy when he doesn't get enough sleep. "