Minji smiled in relief. Haerin was indeed her best friend.

******

Minji came home that afternoon to the stillness. Hanni wasn't home and so were the triplets. Hanni had informed Minji that she'd run a bit late today since she had two meetings after lunch. The triplets should be having fun at the daycare right now. Minji would go and pick them but she was scared of the resentment.

"What a coward," Minji said to herself as she tossed her body to the couch.

"You're a freaking coward who can do nothing but cowardly action and cowardly hiding from your family." Shame pinned her alive. The idea of neglecting her family had torn her apart.

Minji just fell asleep when a loud chant woke her up. She groaned but moved off the couch anyway. She rubbed her eye tiredly as she marched her way to the front door. With arms folded, she leaned by the wall, watching her wife taking off Artery's socks.

"Dada!" Venous gasped. She was surprised to find her dada home at a time like this.

Aorta stood behind her sister. He wasn't sure what to do. Both of them wanted to run and hug her but they didn't want to get scolded again. Suddenly, the second born sprinted off with his arms wide open to his dada. Minji squatted down, gladly receiving her son's flying hug.

"Go on, give Dada a hug." Hanni nudged the other two. She smiled encouragingly,

"she'd love Ve's and Aorta's hugs."

"Come here, Sweet Hearts." Minji extended an arm while the other one held Artery. A second later, all three had buried their heads into Minji's chest. The smell of their shampoo was intoxicating. Their skin beamed warmth through her soul. Hanni joined the group hug. She caressed Minji's cheek gently. She tilted her head, aiming for Minji's lips. They kissed softly.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

"You're forgiven, Love."

This must be how heaven felt like.

******

Heavy-heartedly, Minji put all the journals, research papers, her writing - basically everything that related to the project into a box. She would be lying if she said she had given her dream up sincerely. There was a small piece of her, deep in her heart that opposed the decision. But she couldn't defeat those voices. She was sure this was the right thing to do.

A knock made her look up from her current activity. The door was opened, Hanni just politely asked Minji to come in. She brought a cup of honey lemon tea in her hand.

"Come here." Minji smiled a little.

"Dani told me what happened." Hanni set the cup on the desk. She tilted her head slightly, studying Minji's face.

"Can I drink it?" The surgeon pointed to the scolding tea.

Hanni nodded. She observed the room then the box. "You never say a word to me about it."

Minji swallowed the liquid, letting the sour sensation burn her throat. She let out a breath, how should she explain this?

"I - it was an impulsive decision." Minji croaked.

"Babe, you've been working on this for years. You don't just give it up in a span of days."

"But I did," Minji held Hanni's hand.

"Not the easiest settlement I've ever done but I know it'd be worth it. Enough is enough. I don't want to lose you or the triplets."

Hanni leaned onto Minji's shoulder, resting her head in the crook of her wife's neck.