Chapter 31

The rest of the chapters will be from Wynnona Snow Fierro POV...

Chapter 31

"Mom, take a look at my drawing!"

I run towards my Mom, excited to show her my drawing. My friends praised it, saying I'm good at drawing, and now I can't wait for Mom to see and praise it too. As I continue running, I start to giggle.

"Is this your drawing?" Mom asked, and I smiled.

"Yes, Mom! What do you think?"

"Wow! It's wonderful, sweetheart." Hinaplos niya pa ang pisngi ko.

"Really, Mom?" Mom smiled and nodded. "When I grow up, I want to be a famous artist, Mom. I'll paint portraits of you, Dad, my brothers, and my friends." The smile on my Mom's face suddenly disappeared, replaced by a serious and disappointed expression.

"You can pursue it as a hobby, but you'll handle businesses, sweetheart." She's patiently explaining it to me.

"I can be a painter and sell my paintings. That's a business, right, Mom?"

"Not that kind of business, sweetheart. When you grow up, you'll understand more what I'm saying." Muli n'yang hinaplos ang pisngi ko. I was about to say more, but she left as she answered her phone. Someone called her.

Mom and I are incredibly close, like best friends. She's always there for me, treating me like a princess and a baby who's spoiled a lot. No matter how busy she is, she always makes time for me. She's my one call away in everything. Iniisip ko pa nga lang na mawawala siya sa tabi ko, hindi ko na kaya.

I can't leave without my Mom.

"Sweetheart, as you grow up, you need to learn to stand on your own, be brave, and not depend too much on others." Mom and I are on the balcony, looking at the stars in the sky.

"But you're always there for me, Mom. You protect me and make sure I'm always safe. I just want to be with you forever and always be your baby." Niyakap ko si Mom.

I feel her caressed my hair. "Sweetheart, you know you'll always be my baby, even when you have your first period, first boyfriend, first kiss, go to college, and get married. But, Mom isn't always on your side, and you'll face challenges where you need to face it on your own." Umalis ako sa pagkakayakap sa kanya and look at her directly.

"Are you going somewhere, Mom?" Once again, she caressed my hair, and looked back at the stars in the sky without answering me.

My Mom, who always made time for me no matter how busy she is, has suddenly changed. Now, she has no time for me anymore. She's always busy with work, and it seems like she's forgotten about me. Madalas ay dinadaan-daanan niya na lang ako, hindi napapansin.

I have many drawings that I want her to see. Pero wala na s'yang oras para tingnan pa iyon. Even checking or greeting me seems difficult for her.

"Dad, is Mom still not home?" I asked Dad about Mom because it's already dinner, and she's still not here.

Ganoon ba siya ka busy?

"She still has a work at the office, Snow. Your Mom mentioned she might not be coming home tonight."

"What time is she coming home tomorrow, Dad?" Napaisip naman si Dad.

"I'm not sure, but I know she'll come home early, Snow." Dad caressed my hair.

Ngumiti naman ako. "Okay, Dad. I'll wait for Mom." He just smiled and nodded.

I don't have problems with my family. Honestly, I'm lucky to have a loving parents and brothers. I have parents who would do absolutely anything for me. I have brothers who will stand up for me when someone bullies me. They love me so much and just want me to be happy always.