"Excuse me?!" Natori was offended, "haven't you heard about me?! I'm the mighty phoenix wanted by everyone! How dare you call me a chicken!!"

"You're the phoenix?!" Zenitsu couldn't believe his ears, "from the tale?!"

"That's me!" for the first time, Natori was glad that such tale about her existed.

"How small..." she heard Inosuke mumble.

"I can turn big if I want and crush you." an irk mark appeared on the bird's head.

"There's a tale?" Tanjiro asked causing Zenitsu to tell them the tale, "A phoenix lived deep inside a cave under an inactive volcano. They say if you ask nicely the creature will heal any wounds and curse.
It will ask you to keep its place as a secret and if you anger it, it will force you out with fire, or even worse...you get burned alive!"

"The last part is cap." the bird added.

Zenitsu continued, "On the last day of summer, the fire phoenix was seen in the sky. Blinded by greed, citizens tried to shoot the phoenix down. The mythical bird was hurt by their actions so at night, the fire disappeared in the sea of stars, never coming out to help humans again.
I can't believe the phoenix is right in front of me!"

"I only did this so people will stop looking for me. At least one race stopped bothering me, now the demons are still a problem..."

"When I saw you for the first time, how come -" Tanjiro got interrupted by Natori who completed the sentence for him, "I was with a slayer?"

He nodded.

"Do you live behind the moon or what?" Zenitsu exclaimed, "she was brought to the demon slayer corps and works with the hashiras! She even cured the master's curse and all slayers are talking about her!"

Tanjiro starred at the bird in awe, being a demon, she choose to work with the slayers and betray Kibutsuji Muzan.

"Mighty phoenix!" Zenitsu started, "can you please heal my injuries? They hurt so much!"

"Call me Natori. As for your injuries, are you ready to go on missions tomorrow morning?" she asked.

"Eh? No, why?" Zenitsu asked.

"Because if I heal all of you now, you must go to missions. You sure you don't wanna rest instead?" Natori chirped.

"I'm good!" he replied quickly, "I'm staying here!"

"Natori-san, you're able to heal every curse?" Tanjiro asked.

She knew what he meant and glanced over to Nezuko who curiously looked back, "I can... except for this one. After all, his blood is flowing in my veins as well."

"Right..." he replied sadly.

Suddenly, Nezuko started to pet the tiny bird.

"Nezuko! You should ask first!" Tanjiro exclaimed.

"I don't mind." Natori gave her a closed eye smile, "Can't say no to someone adorable as her."

As everyone lied down on their beds and Nezuko returning to her box, Natori saw the bump on Inosuke's head.

"Looks bad." She commented before Tanjiro apologised to him.

"I'll make it gone in no time." the bird announced as she approached him. She inclined her head letting her tear fall on Inosuke's forehead. The bump shrinked until it was completely gone.

"Woah..." the trio gasped in awe.

From that night, Inosuke started to call her a god.

Natori's pov

I was surprised when Nezuko suddenly jumped out from the box unintentionally dragging me with her. A net was coming towards us, Nezuko got in front of her brother causing me to realise that the net made of spiderwebs was dangerous.

With a simple sight, I burnt the bet destroying it and the opponent noticed me. It was lower rank five. I didn't know him.

He choosed to ignore me and was interested in Nezuko. He wanted her as his sister.

I saw Tanjiro's broken sword so I decided to finish him. I walked in front of the siblings signaling them to stay behind.

"Right, I shall follow his orders. Who knows maybe I get promoted to the upper ranks." The spider demon named Rui started, "But I did not expect to meet a tiny sparrow."

"I may look small, but do not underestimate me. I can kill you with my fire." I said calmly.

"As if." he replied before sending out several threads. Not at me, but Nezuko. Fortunately, I was faster and burnt the threads down.

"Focus on me." I demanded as I pecked my left wing drawing some blood. A drop of blood dropped on the ground from my peck and a fire started. I took some steps back allowing the fire to grow and it shaped into a spider about one metre big. "Let's see which spider is better." I said before my summoned fire spider dealt with Rui alone.

No ones pov

Since Rui was a ranged fighter, he was at a disadvantage. Besides spiders don't like fires.

"Enough!" Rui shouted in anger, his palms turned red as well as the strings but he still couldn't kill the fire spider. And once the fire spider tried to get close to him, he always jumped away. He didn't notice the phoenix on fire making a nose dive (like the pokemon move 'brave bird') piercing throught the side of his body.
Natori flew back to the sibling while Rui was getting up. He tried to dust the fire off from his cloth but it started to spread covering his whole body.

He yelled in pain since the fire wasn't dying and Tanjiro wished he could end his suffering but he couldn't due to his broken sword.

"Natori, is that you?" a male familiar voice appeared behind her. She immediately turned around, "Tomioka!"

Then, the said guy looked at Tanjiro and Nezuko recognising them. His attention shifted to Rui who got used to the burn glaring at the phoenix. He looked awful, his skin was melting, his clothes were already gone and bones were seen.

Letting out a cry, he summoned many red strings surrounding them like a cage. Natori gave the water hashira a nod who destroyed the cage and cut the demon's head off.

While Tanjiro was amazed that he didn't used a breath style to kill Rui, Giyu approached Natori.

"Why are you with him?" he asked.

"Just ran into him so I tagged along. You know I can't fly straight back to the headquarters." she replied.

Footsteps were approaching and Tomioka blocked the assault, it was the insect hashira.

"Ara?" as Shinobu landed she immediately spotted the small red bird, "Natori!"

The said bird hopped to her and chirped, "Kocho!" she got lifted up and Shinobu snuggled into the feathers which she missed so much.

"You're warm as always!" Shinobu exclaimed before shifting her attention to the boys, "There's a demon."

Natori suddenly began to flutter her wings to escape from Shinobu and eventually sneezed letting some fire out, "I smell your wysteria poison Kocho."

Then she started to explain that Nezuko was nice. She was like her, different from other demons.

Kanao showed up too and before the phoenix needed to explain the situation one more time, a crow announced that the siblings shall be brought to the headquarters.