Harry tentatively cleared his throat, but he didn't say anything.

"Nothing to add?" Snape asked. "No defense to give for this appalling display?"

Harry rolled his eyes, suddenly grateful that Snape couldn't see him. "This sounds like a conversation that I might like to be a part of," he said with as much attitude as he dared, "except that I'm not allowed to talk while I'm in the corner."

The room was silent, and Harry could have kicked himself. Honestly, did he have no self-preservation at all?

"Come here," Snape said after a long moment. "Both of you."

Harry let out a small breath before slowly turning around.

Snape was standing beside the table, with his hip leaning against it and his arms crossed over his chest.

Harry stepped close to Snape and green eyes met obsidian ones as he spoke softly, "I'm sorry."

Snape's gaze remained steely for a few seconds more before he said, "While I do not appreciate the cheek, Harry James, you were also not wrong. I had told you not to talk while in the corner, I can't fault you for obeying me." Snape reached his hand out and let it rest on his neck right where it met his shoulder. "I apologize, Harry."

Harry felt himself leaning into the comfort and warmth of Snape's hand on his neck. His callused thumb rubbed back and forth against his skin before Harry felt himself being pulled in close for a quick hug.

"Alright," Snape said before pointing to Harry's chair. "Sit down. Draco?"

Draco, who had been standing a few steps behind Harry, came forward when Snape crooked a finger in his direction. Then Harry watched as Snape pulled him in for a hug as well. Snape whispered words too low for Harry to hear, then Draco nodded before he walked back to his own chair and sat down.

"Now," Snape said, turning to face them both, "everything in me is screaming to send you both to your rooms and talk with you separately, but for once I'm going to ignore that voice of reason and the three of us are going to sit here and work this out. Together."

Snape paced in front of them for only a moment before he stopped. "Who wants to go first?"

Harry sat up straighter, but it was Draco who spoke first.

"I shouldn't have said what I said." He looked over to Harry and frowned. "It was a really crummy thing to say, and I didn't mean it. I'm sorry."

Harry nodded. "I'm sorry, too. I didn't have to let it get to me. And I definitely didn't have to tackle you." He took a deep breath and before he lost his nerve, he said, "I just don't understand why you want to go back there. After what she did."

Draco shook his head and raised his hands, palms up before letting them drop back to his lap. "Because she's my mum. She said she misses me."

Snape pulled his chair out and sat down. "Harry, last Christmas when we were getting ready to come here, do you remember a conversation that we had in my bedroom about my father?"

Harry looked up at him, confused. He didn't know where Snape was going with this. "Yeah. You said that-" Harry cut himself off with a glance at Draco. He didn't want to accidentally spill one of Snape's secrets.

"It's alright, Harry," Snape assured him. "Go on."

Harry glanced down at his bare feet before he softly said, "You said that sometimes you wished your father would have wanted you to come back, and that you would get to live with him."

"That's right," Snape said. He leaned forward in his chair, letting his elbows rest on his knees and clasped his hands together. "And without giving away too many details, I believe you voiced something similar about your relatives, yes?"