Chapter 30 - Nikolaus POV

"Who are you?"

I asked the guy I bumped into by accident, wearing a black hoodie and mask. I pointed my gun at him as we crossed paths inside the tunnel. All I could saw were his eyes, and he's also surprised to see me here. I headed straight here because it's raining heavily, and I'm trying to lose someone who's following me.

"Are you one of my Dad's men trying to get me?" He's been staring at me earlier, but he just asked now.

"Is this a trap?" I chuckled and he frowned. I don't have time for this bullshit.

I glanced back when I heard footsteps running. It looks like they followed me here already. They were sent by my non-biological parents who want to finish me off. I just couldn't make a move earlier because there were a lot of innocent people watching who might get involved. On the other side, there are also footsteps running.

"It looks like someone is following you too, man," sabi niya at natawa pa. I chuckled with a smirk, nodding to him. It seems we're on the same page. "What if I handle them for you, and you handle them for me?" He even offered me a deal.

"Do you even know how to fight?" Paninigurado ko na ikinangisi niya.

"Man, I may look ordinary to you, but I can finish them off in just a minute." He said confidently. "So, deal?"

"Deal." We clasped each other's hands between our chests as a sign of agreement. I don't even know why I agreed, but I'm more thrilled with this.

I fight those men who's following him with a gun in my hand. Then, I realize I only have three bullets left, which isn't enough to finish them all, so I quickly grab my dagger and continue the fight. I  kicked one of them in the chest and stabbed him when I got the chance. After that, I ducked when someone tried to attack me. I even kicked the wall to launch myself at a man who tried to shoot me. When I grabbed his gun while kneeling with one knee, I finished them off right away.

My timer on my watch beeped exactly one minute, as I set it earlier. When I looked back, the guy I made the deal with was also kneeling on the ground, also looking at me. We both laughed while catching our breath.

"What's your name?" He asked me. We're now heading out of the tunnel. I also called my foremen to clean up the mess we made. We're currently in the US, so they have to hurry before the police arrive.

"Nikolaus." Tipid kong sagot. I still can't trust him. Knowing my first name was enough for him to know me.

"I'm Theron from Hernandez Organization." I already suspected he's part of the mafia, but I didn't expect him to come from one of the most powerful and influential organizations in the Philippines. "But I was planning to-"

Someone tried to shoot him from a tree when we were already outside of the tunnel, but I quickly shot at that person with just one bullet left in my gun. Kahit siya ay nagulat sa ginawa ko.

"Too slow," I said. Agad naman n'yang nilapitan iyong binaril ko kaya sumunod ako sa kanya. "You know him?" I asked after he removed the cover from the guy's face. Nakita ko kasi ang gulat sa reaksyon niya.

"He's my Dad's secretary."

"Why does your father want to kill you? Did you do something to make him so angry that he would want to kill his own son?" We're really on the same page because this is also what my non-biological parents want to do to me. To be gone.

"He wanted to kill me because of a woman, and also because I was planning to leave the organization. But we have rules; once you join, you can't quit. You can only leave once you're dead. Rules are rules, even if I'm his son. Bullshit, right?" He even looked at me and chuckled. "I'm also tired of being his right-hand man. I don't want to follow in his footsteps anymore. I'm not free... I can't be with the woman I like because of him."