117. mr. & mrs. anderson

Start from the beginning

"Something had to prevent them from killing. Maybe one was incarcerated." JJ says.

"I'll start pulling prison records, see if I can't get a match." The detective says, walking off.

"These two have been in a relationship a lot longer than we thought." Rossi says.

"But even if they broke up, to come  back together and resume killing after a four year hiatus is rare." Spencer says.

"Love is strange. It'll make you do the craziest things." Rossi says.

"Guys... what if they're married?" Bedelia asks.

+++

"I have a 1989 strangulation victim dumped 10 miles from where the first body was found, only she was raped and stabbed." JJ says.

"His comfort zone, could be our unsub." Blake says.

"Well, I've got two more, '01 and 03, except these took place in Clifford, Delaware." Rossi says. "The M.O.'s an exact match."

"I got another here from 2013, Scottsdale, Maryland." Derek says. "He was smart enough to cross state lines."

"The Crestview rapist was operating during that time." JJ says.

"The male unsub never went dormant, only the female did." Bedelia says.

"So when this guy kills without his wife, his signature changes to stabbing and sexual assault." Rossi says.

"Well, stabbing is indicative of rage, and it's most likely towards women." Derek says.

"And the sexual assault is his way of establishing dominance over them." Blake says.

"Maybe their marriage isn't as solid as we think." Rossi says. "Clearly he has issues that he's working out when the wife isn't around."

"Well, if she emasculates her husband at home, that could be the reason why she now needs to have control over the murders." JJ says.

"Hey, guys, we have a survivor." Blake says. "Hannah Franklin, a 23 year old waitress who was attacked on her way home from work back in 2008."

+++

"That was Hotch." Spencer says, hanging his phone up. "No sign of Alan at the house."

"He's probably aware that we have Judith in custody." Derek says.

"If that's the case, he knows it's only a matter of time before we get to him." Bedelia says.

"At this point, the guy's got nothing to lose, which makes him more dangerous than ever." Derek says.

~ ~ ~

"Kathleen, this is Spencer Reid. I'm a federal agents. Right now you need to stay calm and not react." He tells her. "Is Alan Anderson there with you? Answer yes or no." He says. "You need to understand that Alan is a dangerous man and he's wanted for several murders." He informs. "Do you think you can get away from there without alerting him?" He asks.

"Hello?" He calls before lowering his phone.

"Do you think he knows?" Derek asks.

"I think you should step on the gas." Spencer says, Derek doing so.

~ ~ ~

They get to the building and quickly get out of the car, racing inside. They rush up the stairs until they get to the correct floor, getting their guns out, and run down the hall where Alan is strangling Kathleen.

"Alan Anderson, FBI!" Derek drags him away from Kathleen. She gets off her stomach and sits up, leaning against the wall. Spencer and Bedelia rush over to her while Derek arrests Alan. Spencer kneels in front of her as she quietly cries.

"It's okay. Hey, you're okay." He assures, rubbing her knee while she holds onto his other hand.

+++

"You know, you really didn't have to do all this. I would've been just fine staying in and ordering pizza and being with Theo." Bedelia says. "I mean, it's just Valentine's Day. We both agreed it's that not big of a deal."

"I know, and I like that idea, too, but we also deserve time outside of the house. And what better excuse than Valentine's Day." Spencer says.

"We leave the house for work." Bedelia says.

"You know what I mean." Spencer gives her a look. "You deserve a break. We both do."

"Yeah, I guess." Bedelia mumbles. "I miss her, though." She frowns.

"I know. Me, too." Spencer smiles.

"So let's go home." Bedelia says.

"It's just a diner, baby. No part of you wants to eat out?" Spencer questions.

"I mean... yeah." Bedelia admits.

"It's not something to be ashamed of." Spencer says. "Theo will be sound asleep in her crib and she'll be just fine."

"Okay." Bedelia finally relaxes. Spencer kisses her forehead and holds her hand.