𝗶𝗶. 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Confidence was going to have to be faked on her first day of this new school. Especially since she was starting halfway through the year. She gripped the backpack that rested on her shoulders.

As she walked out of the house, a quick kiss on her mothers cheek. Her father was already at work.

Someone called out "Lia!" from behind. She turned to see it was Travis, out jogging his brother. A smile blossomed on her chilled face.

"Hey Lia. Can I walk with you? If I have to hear one more comment about my hair from Jason-" but his speech was interrupted by the girl's grin.

"Of course you can. And your hair looks fine." a proud smirk replaced his annoyed frown.

A moment of silence passed. Jason had fallen back and taken to throwing pieces of old erasers at the back of Trav's head. The streets were quiet and empty.

"So, I'm like your your guide today. They said something about our schedules being the same."

"That's fine. I hope it's not too late to sign up for softball."

"You probably can. I think I remember them announcing something about tryouts coming up." Lia nodded.

The conversation carried on as if they were old friends. Jason smiled from behind the pair, like he knew something.

Maybe he did.

"How's PK getting to school?"

"He's riding the bus, since he's still eighth grade."

"What does PK stand for?" Travis asked, emphasizing his question.

Lia looked at him and saw he was already staring at her. She felt the heat rise on her cheeks. "It stands for Paulo Kash. My father wanted to name him Kash, and my mother wanted to name him Paulo after her father. They compromised "

"So, Paulo Kash is his first name? Why not have one be the first name and the other be his middle?" The girl let out a soft sigh.

"My parents didn't think about that. My name is like that. Idalia is a name my mother loved. My dad-" A look of shock adorned the boys face.

"Your name is Idalia?"

"Yes, but everyone calls me Lia. My full name is Idalia Rose Townsend. My father wanted Rose, but mother won that argument." Travis watched the side walk ahead with concentration.

Lia continued, "They named Dolores, Katrina Dolores-"

"Wait, who's Dolores?"

"Dolores is my older sister. She's much older. Mother had her when she was 18. She in college at Miami. Anyways, get full name is Katrina Dolores, but after last year she refuses to be called by her first name."

"Why, what happened last year?" Lia's smile turned, as she realized what she'd said.

"Nothing." Travis turned to her. Her eyes didn't leave the ground.

{{{{{{{{{{•}}}}}}}}}

By lunchtime, Idalia was done with school.

Every class required her to introduce herself. The same repeated 'I'm Lia. I moved from New Orleans, Louisiana. I play softball and gymnastics.'

Travis smiled at her obvious annoyance. Every time.
He stayed with her up until lunch. But he retreated to the jocks table at the bell.

She felt exposed. She stood their looking for some friendly faces willing to befriend herself. Thankfully, she found exactly that.

A girl walked up to her with a tray in hand.

"Hi! Would you like to sit with me and my friend? We've got room." Lia figured she was genuine.

"Uh, for sure."

The table seated four but their group on took up three chairs. The girl that invited her over was named Meagan Madison.

Meagan had long bleached blonde hair, that was braided down her back. Her eyes were emerald green, and skin fair. She wore a pink t-shirt and boyfriend jeans.

The other girl, was Andrea Belmont. She two was fair with dirty blonde hair, but her's was natural. Ice blue eyes and freckle filled cheeks. She wore a simple Heights hoodie.

"It's so refreshing to see a decent looking girl in this school. Most people here are so ugly." commented Meagan. An uneasy feeling bubbled in her chest.

Andrea stayed quite and pushed around the chicken nuggets that were by on her tray. She didn't like what Meagan was saying either.

"All these girls are so.. unclean. It's probably because of their poor financial situations. Thankfully, my parents treat me well-" Meagan rambled on. She didn't seem to realize (or care) that the other two girls weren't listening.

"Hi, I'm Lia." she stuck out her hand. Andrea flashed a smile, and shook hands.

"Andrea. Sorry about her."

"Is she always like this? So..."

"Bitchy? Entitled? Yeah."

"Then why hang around?"

Andrea thought for a moment, before deciding on a good answer. "She's been with me since were 2. It's kind of hard to just stop. But we're so different now." Lia nodded in understanding.

"So, new girl, you do any sports?"

"Yeah. Softball and Gymnastics. Why does everyone keep asking that?"

Andrea tilted her head. "Because kids who do sports don't get arrested around here, and I don't need that kind of shenanigans." A smirk widened on the sophomore's face.

•••

AN;

might start rewriting my old josh allen fic.
we'll see.

currently manifesting that my crush will randomly text me and asks me out (#delusional)

also my cats possessed again

LOVE YALL!!!

-jessie