46.

-

The beeping of the machine was the thing that was keeping Billy awake beside the constant worry about his daughter.

The doctors had told them that the knife didn't cut too deep, so her vocal cords were alright, but she was still gonna have trouble speaking and that She would most likely have a scar on her throat.

Spence had passed out from exhausted hours later, lying next to Eden, her arm over her waist, and Eden's head tucked under her chin.

Billy was holding Eden's hand in his, rubbing his thumb in circles on the back of her hand.

Randy had stayed for a couple of hours before he went home, promising to take care of Kieran and Troy.

Billy was exhausted, but he couldn't make himself close his eyes. When he did, all he could see was the blood pouring out of Eden's throat.

Billy let out a small sighed, running his other hand through his hair. He leaned his head against Edens' hand.

He remembers the day she was born.

- -
It was March 21, 2005, and after a very long labor and very painful pushes, Eden Maeve loomis was born.

Spence was holding her in her arms, and Billy was beside her, looking down at his daughter with a smile on his face.

She looked so tiny in Spence arms. She squirmed a bit before finally settling. Her eyes slowly opened,

Brown eyes were the first thing she saw, her father's eyes. She smiled at him, and Billy thought it was a beautiful sight.

The moment was a bit interrupted when Kieran walked into the room, followed by Tatum and the others.

"Oh, thank God she's covered." Randy joked, but he was smiling as his eyes landed on the baby.

"Is it a boy?" Kieran question, trying to get on the bed but couldn't, so Billy helped him.

"It's a girl, kie." Spence told him with a smile on her face, and Kieran looked down at the baby who looked at him.

"She's hideous," Billy laughed along with Randy while Spence shook her head amused.

"But kinda cute, still hideous though, what's her name?" Kieran questioned

"Eden Maeve loomis." Billy replied, and Kieran looked at his mom. "Can I hold her? She won't break, right? I mean, she's really tiny."

"You can hold you. Just be careful with her head." Spence said, showing him how to hold a baby, and soon Kieran was holding Eden.

"Dad, she looks like you, but she has mom eyes. Why did Eden get mom eyes? I have yours? Shouldn't we all get the same eye color?" Kieran questioned, looking at up Billy, who looked at Spence who chuckled.

"I'm sure Aunt Tatum would explain it to you." Tatum nodded, "yes, later."

"Uh, why is she making that face?" Kieran questioned, and Eden soon started to cry, and Billy grabbed her. She calmed down a bit, but there were a few sniffles then and there.

"Does she hate me? That's why she cried with me?" Kieran sadly questioned, his eyes turning glassy with tears.

"No, baby, she doesn't hate you. Babies just cry some of the time because they're hungry, tired, or for other reasons, she doesn't hate you, kie." Spence told him

Kieran nodded, "she's probably tired. She had a long day." Spence and Billy shared an amused smile.

"Yeah, bud."

- -

"Dad?" Billy lifted his head as he heard Eden's voice.

"Hey, baby girl, don't try to speak, okay?" Eden nodded, her eyes turning glassy, and she let out a small whimper that woke up Spence.

Spence started to run her fingers through Eden's hair. "Shh, it's okay, we're here. Mommy and Daddy are here now."

Eden gripped her father's hand, and Billy pressed a kiss to her head.

His baby girl was gonna be alright.

------------------------------

Word count - 638

Hope you enjoyed!