2. Now That We Dont Talk

Chapter Playlist
1. Back To December: Taylor Swift
2. ''tis the damn season: Taylor Swift
3. Now That We Don't Talk: Taylor Swift

It was the first week of summer break and Max had a few days until her new job started. She has the choice to start in September but she was desperate to start saving and knew she'd go insane with nothing to do all summer in Hawkins.

She had secured a job at family video, working with Steve and Robin. She knew there was another person her age starting a few weeks after her so she felt a lot more comfortable being new.

Mike Wheeler starts his new job at family video in a couple of weeks. He's nervous as he's never really had a proper job before but he's aware another person his age is starting around the same time so he doesn't feel as anxious being new.

Steve: First day how are we feeling?

Max: Okayish.

Robin: Honestly Max this job is super easy it's chill and hard to fuck up so don't worry about anything.

Steve: Yeah totally it's like so easy and hard to screw up so you're all good.

Robin: Well... Hard for any normal person to screw up.

Steve: What's that supposed to mean exactly?

Robin: It means if you're not Steve Harrington this job is a breeze.

Steve: What because I bring in all the ladies who aren't actually buying anything? They just enjoy my company.

Robin: I was actually referring to your lack of brain cells but sure.

Max settles in pretty quickly. Robin teaches her the basics and she doesn't struggle to get the hang of it.

It's a week in and Max feels as though she's worked there at least a few months. Working with Robin and Steve has been fun and given her a great work environment.

By week two she was able to go on shift herself and not need anyone else there to assist her.

On Thursday morning Mike drove over to family video. He was nervous but also ready to start a new chapter before going to college.

He entered the shop and didn't see anyone at the desk so he rang the bell.

Mike: Hello?

He received no response.

He rings again
And again
And-

Max: Jesus I'm coming.

Max called over carrying a box of VHS tapes.

Mike looked towards her as she looked up from what she was holding.

Max: Wheeler? What do you want?

Mike: I uh. Um.

Max: You what?

Mike: It's um my first day working here.