CHAPTER 1

"I wish this never happened." said Ambika Prasad in a verge of tears. She was pregnant with a baby which she never wanted. Even though she was married, she hated the idea of becoming a mother. "How can you not realise that you are pregnant? It's too late now to abort."said Abhinav Prasad while breaking the vase near him. "I am not ready to raise this child and waste my life for him." They then thought about putting the child in an orphanage. But their parents were at odds with that so called solution.

YES, these were the exact words of my parents few months before I was born. It would have been better if they would have separated me from their lives earlier. I wish our paths had never intertwined. Was it their misfortune to have me or was it mine to have such parents. I am 15 year old teenager with no friends living a depressed life. I am an introvert and shy person who has never interacted with someone for more than ten minutes. I study in a girl's school in Howrah, West Bengal. My parents are partners in a lucrative business. They earn enough to satisfy my needs. They are capable of buying anything for me except happiness.

One day,My mom was busy doing her chores. I was eager to play games on my computer. So I finished my homework early and decided to show it to her.
"Mom, see I finished my homework."
"Show me now ."
I was just 10 years old that time learning how to construct and measure angles.
"It's completely wrong! How can you be so dumb?!" said my mom slapping me on my face twice. My face turned full red with tears which started flowing freely and my shoulders started shaking.
She opened my pouch and
removed my protractor.
" Do it now!"she exclaimed.
I didn't go to tuitions and focused mostly on self-study. I had missed the maths lecture when my teacher had taught me. Hence, I did it wrong once again.
"I can't believe I gave birth to such a useless dumb person." She then made me sit the whole night alone doing the homework. Tears streamed down my face leaving glistening trails on my cheeks.

I have aversed maths my whole life. I never understood how can maths be useful to me in every step of life when I am aspiring to become an artist. It was my maths paper that day. But I told my Dad that it is History. Unfortunately, he came to drop me at school and he wondered why rest of my classmates were studying maths. Then he came to know that I lied to him from some student and it was my maths exam. I know I was at fault for this but its outcome was dreadful.

"You are grounded for a week now. We are not gonna allow you to even come out from your room." yelled my Dad in a furious voice with clenched fists.
The room was filled with the sound of my sobs. My voice was trembling, struggling to speak through my tears.
"I'm sorry." I spoke out with my voice quivering with emotions.
My mom yelled,"You are such a distress for us. You know? The teachers started humiliating us saying that it was our fault as we didn't take care of your studies."
She started beating me up with my father's belt. As the belt collided with my skin, the unbearable pain started to increase and all my love for them dwindled at the same time.

I wish I can go back in the past and alter my life. I want to ameliorate everything which has caused me unbearable pain of emotions which left scars that can never be treated .

Don't forget to vote if you like it♡