01. i meet my new bestfriends

hermes' driver drove me to camp half-blood and when i got there, i was greeted by chiron.

he walked me to what he called 'the big house' and when i went inside, dionysus and three kids were standing there.

"um... hi..?" i said awkwardly, staring at dionysus and the kids.

"seren, this is percy, annabeth, and grover. you will be joining their quest." chiron explained.

"okay... i thought they would be.. uh... older..?" i mumbled and saw dionysus shrug, then take a sip of some diet coke.

the kids glared at me like i just said a really, really unfunny joke.

i dont think they like me.

dionysus raised an eyebrow "isnt time to start your quest?" he asked, shooing the kids and i away.

chiron talked for a while.

blah blah blah.

when we set off for our quest, there was an awkward silence.

"you guys know eachother, but i dont know you. at all." all my words got me were some blank stares.

"um... what im trying to say is.. maybe we should try to get to know eachother..?" i explained. everyone was quiet for a long time again.

i sighed. "okay.. nevermind."

the girl, annabeth, walked up to a pine tree and was standing there for a while.

"shes really gonna miss that tree, huh?" the blonde boy, i think his name was percy, asked.

"when annabeth first arrived here with thalia and luke, they were being chased by monsters. agents of hades. sisters." grover explained.

"furies. mrs dodds?" percy asked.

"yes! one was our algebra teacher. alecto." the satyr answered.

i would hate to have alecto as an algebra teacher.

"thalia turned back to fight to buy her friends some time. her satyr protector tried to stop her, but she wouldnt listen. so, at the last moment... zeus intervened to safe her life and... changed her form." grover stated, getting a tad emotional.

"the most powerful being in the universe's best idea to save his daughter's life... was to turn her into a tree..?" percy questioned.

he was right, it didnt make much sense.

"she was the bravest demigod i ever knew. she fought valiantly, and she met a hero's fate." annabeth snapped.

"she met a pinecone's fate." percy shrugged.

i stared at him, my eyebrows raised.

"let's not argue about this..." i mumbled, and everyone went silent.

" i mumbled, and everyone went silent