29. Losing

Aemma hadnt carried a child to term yet. She hadn't carried a child this far to term since she had her precious vaera. So to say that the king and the council and the maesters we're worried about this baby was an understatement. To say that aemma was done with babies after this was an even bigger understatement.

She was so tired of losing children. Although she had two beautiful girls, she still felt the loss of the previous children that didn't make it.

Aemma loved Vaera and Rhaenyra and she wished she had more children. She would've loved to have more children not just because the king needed a proper heir. A son. But she wanted children. She had so much fun watching them grow up helping raise them and love them and she wanted more she would've loved for vaera to be a big sister she would've been the best big sister to a slew of children, boys and girls alike.

This was the last one. She just had to tell viserys. She was done. And she knew that was going to be hard. This had to be perfect. She had to take all the precautions. She listened to the nurses and the maesters diligently. This had to be perfect. There could be no mistakes. Because she was done.

But something aemma would never be done with with spoiling her girls. Reading them stories telling them about when their father and herself were younger. Helping them with their studies and her heart skipping a beat as they took off on their dragons. They were so many things that she was not done with but after this baby she was done. And she knew that if she wasn't queen and her husband wasn't King that viserys would not have pushed. Would not have been pushed either. Knew that he would've been happy with their two beautiful girls. But he was the king and she was the queen. This was their life  She couldn't change that she wouldn't change her life because she had so many wonderful, beautiful memories with her daughters and her husband.

" is Mama going to have the baby soon?"

" very soon"

" the babies not gonna have my name day, right?" Vaera questioned.

" I don't know, but even if the baby does it's still your name is still vaera day." Viserys assured. "Every day is vaera day!"

"Every day!" she giggled out.

" vaera mama has a surprise for you, my darling."

"Oh? What kind of surprise can you tell me is it food? Is it a new dress? Is it another cookie crown?"

" you are really bad with surprises my darling girl. Come on let's go get mama. She wanted to be the one to show you."

" is it just for me?"

" I don't know are you gonna share?"

" what is it? I don't share my crown with anyone. So probably not." Vaera admitted.  Viserys chuckled. Vaera waved wildly at rhaenyra as they passed her studying with alicent in the library. Rhaenyra smiled softly back at her but that wasnt good enough for vaera. She ran up to rhaenyra and propelled herself onto the desk. She lay back her head blocking the book.

"Hi Vaera." Rhaenyra answered.

"Hi." Vaera sung back.

"You need something?"

"Nope." Vaera corrected.

"Okay.." rhaenyra pulled the book from under vaeras head.

"I love you!" Vaera declared. Viserys chuckled from the door.

"Love you too." Rhaenyra answered in monotone.

"Are we riding later?" Vaera questioned

"I would like that a lot." Rhaenyra agreed.

"I have to see mommy but then..." vaera soun around to face Rhaenyra. " I will find you." Vaera declared. It sounded like a threat which made Rhaenyra laugh.

"Okay Vee." Vaera jumped up running back to viserys.

"Im ready." Vaera assured grabbing viserys hand. "Lets get mama!"