16. Twinkle, Twinkle

Rhaenyra found that she did like flying with Vaera. She liked racing. She loved beating vaera. It seemed that was the only thing she could win at. Racing.

Vaera loved any excuse to be doing something with her big sister. In the air it was their time uninterrupted. On the ground however, Alicent was always butting in and ruining everything.

"One of these days you are going to fly with me." Rhaenyra told alicent that every time she landed. When syrax was bigger alicent would steal their alone time in the sky.

Vaera pouted grumbling that it was their special time but rhaenyra wasnt listening. Vaera slid down calypsos side and right into harwins arms. She snuggled into him.

"Whats wrong princess? Are you hurt?" Harwin questioned urgently. "I worry about you every time you fly my little princess."

"No. Im fine." She murmured tipping her head into his large muscled shoulders.

"Come on princess talk to me."

"Alicent is stealing my sister." Vaera barked. Harwins gaze shifted to rhaenyra and alicent running off.

"She is just friends with your sister." Harwin assured.

"Nyra hangs out with her all the time and i have scheduled time with her. How is that fair? We have our tea party which she keeps ditching for Alicent," vaera whined out her name. "So i only get to play with her when we are in the clouds... even then Syrax is bigger and faster than Caly right now..."

"Maybe you need a friend of your own." Harwin suggested

"You are my friend." Vaera corrected kissing his cheek. She scratched a hand against her own face. "Scratchy friend."

"I mean to shave." Harwin agreed.

"Its okay... I like- I think I like it." Vaera assured running a little hand over his jaw. Harwin chuckled. "Im getting used to it." Harwin rested his forehead against hers. He seemed like a giant beside little vaera. Vaera smiled big and wide back at him.

Alicent was long forgotten.

"Can we go for a ride?" Vaera whispered

"You just got back." Harwin countered

"I want to go faster." Vaera agreed.  Harwin chuckled.

"Give Calypso a break to eat," laelas voice could be heard coming closer to them.

"Okay," vaera agreed with a sigh. "Ser harwin have you met Laela? Shes the best."

"Awe thank you Vaera!" Laela answered.

"The dragon trainer." Harwin agreed.

"The best!" Vaera agreed. "But calypso is already amazing."

+

"They are so beautiful to eat!" Vaera declared holding up a sleeping croissant shaped like a dragon with a little chocolate detailing. She took a little nibble on the tail after a long, while of just staring at how beautiful they were.

"Oh this is good

"Oh this is good." Vaera decided. "Im not going to look when I eat their heads."

"Good idea princess." Harwin agreed.

"Mommy did you see it? The chefs really like me, they made me little dragons. I ate them, they were delicious, they were not made of real dragons, dont worry." Vaera declared, Aemma chuckled. 

"Thats good to hear." Aemma agreed. 

"They were so good, Ser Harwin had one too, they were like cookies but they were different but they were definitely cookies because they were delicious and beautiful! Did i mention they were beautiful?"

"YOu did," Aemma agreed. "Now its time for bed." 

"Oh... really?" Vaera countered. 

"Yes my love." Aemma agreed. 

"COuld you sing me a song?" Vaera questioned. Aemma debated. "A dragon song." Vaera requested. 

"A dragon song?" Aemma questioned nodding. "Alright... lets see." Vaera giggled as Aemma tucked her in and closed the window, securing the balcony. 

"Twinkle, twinkle, little dragon If you're hungry, eat a sheep if you are tried go to sleep. Up above the world so high Soaring, flying high in the sky, oh I wonder how high you will fly. Twinkle, twinkle, little dragon close your eyes and dream of me. "