25

Your POV

"So, I told them that I wasn't going to go if they didn't make room for Rachel," Reneé explained as she took a sip of her drink. "They made room for her."

"What reason did they have to not bring her along?" I asked the girl across from me.

"I don't even know," she rolled her eyes. "Like, she's done my hair and makeup for every single event I've ever gone to. Why wouldn't she come along for SNL?"

I shook my head as I took a bite of my food. We had come out to dinner in downtown LA, as requested by our managers. I tried to enjoy myself, but I couldn't shake the sick feeling I had in the pit of my stomach for days now.

"Did you get anything done in the studio today?" Reneé asked as she reached across the table to hold my hand.

"Ehhh..." I trailed off. "A little."

The actual answer was no. I didn't get shit done today.

"Writers block?" Reneé asked as she rubbed her thumb over my knuckles.

"Something like that," I laughed humorlessly, pushing my plate to the side.

I wasn't hungry anyways.

"Okay, what's wrong?"

"What? Nothing," I brushed her off. "I'm just tired."

"You're not eating," she glanced down at my plate. "Don't lie to me because I think I already know what it is. What's wrong?"

"You know the contract is over in three weeks, right?"

"I knew it," she shook her head. "Y/n, stop worrying about that. I told you we will figure it out."

"We're running out of time to figure it out."

Reneé chewed on her bottom lip, not knowing how to respond.

"I'm sorry," I apologized. "I didn't mean to bring this up over dinner."

"You didn't. I did," she told me as she reached for her purse.

"I got it," I stopped her, pulling out enough cash for the bill and a tip.

"I told you I would pay next time," she pouted as I stood up to help her put her jacket back on.

I shook my head with a small laugh, planting a kiss on her cheek as we intertwined our fingers and walked out hand in hand. I kept her close as we walked to my car, ignoring the flashes and questions we were getting from paparazzi.

"Thank you," Reneé said quickly as I held open the passenger door for her before going around to the drivers side.

"Y/n! Look over here."

I had a half mind to flip off the camera before getting in, but I knew that would probably end with me in Ethan's office at eight in the morning.

"Am I taking you home?" I asked my girlfriend as I started the car.

"Yea, that's fine," she smiled slightly.

"Do I have to?" I asked, making her giggle.

"I don't have anything tomorrow if that's what you're asking."

"Okay, so back to mine," I confirmed, making her smile as we drove out of the parking lot.

~*~*~

"You know..." Reneé trailed off as she traced shapes on my bare skin. "I never would've thought that we'd be here. Especially when I read that TMZ article the morning after the VMAs."

I laughed at her statement.

"What was the first thing you thought when you saw that? I'm curious."

She thought about her answer for a second, looking up at me so she could watch my reaction.

"That you were crazy."

"Shut up," I scoffed, pulling her closer to me by her hips. "What did you actually think?"

"I didn't know if it was real," she laughed.

"Oh, it was real," I rolled my eyes. "If Ethan hadn't been behind me I might've said more."

"What did they even say to get that reaction from you?" She asked me reaching over to grab her t-shirt and sliding it onto her body.

"That you should've won new artist of the year," I told her honestly. "I mean, they were right, but like time and place, you know? Also, at the time I had no idea who they were. So, it was like a stranger was being rude to me out of nowhere. Was I just supposed to let that slide?"

"You earned that award," Reneé waved me off. "I wasn't upset that I didn't win. I was happy to just be nominated."

"You know what?" I spoke as I got out of bed.

I shivered a little when the cold air hit my bare skin.

"Wait. Can you hand me my shirt?" I asked Reneé with a laugh.

"No, I like this view."

I rolled my eyes at her playfully and pulled on a hoodie and shorts before walking out of the room to grab something.

"Where are you going?" Reneé called out from my bedroom.

"Hang on!"

When I found what I was looking for I picked it up, walking over to a drawer and grabbing a sharpie. I drew a line through my name and wrote hers on it before hiding it behind my back and going back to my bedroom.

"What is that?" She asked when I walked in. "You better not be fucking with me."

"I'm not," I laughed. "It is my honor to present you with this award that you earned. New artist of the year... Reneé Rapp!"

She laughed loudly when I pulled the VMA trophy out from behind my back and she saw her name written on it.

"You're fucking ridiculous," she said with a smile as she grabbed it and tried to wipe her name off. "What did you write this with?"

"A sharpie."

"Y/n!" She scolded me. "How are you gonna get that off?"

"I'm not. It's your trophy," I deadpanned.

"Shut the fuck up," she laughed again. "I'm not taking this home."

She placed the trophy on my nightstand before getting out of bed to pull me into a hug.

"We're going to have to magic eraser that shit off."

I rolled my eyes before kissing her gently.

"I don't actually give a fuck about that thing. If I can't get it off then it will just say your name on it forever and I'm fine with that."

"You're stupid," she said jokingly. "Thank you."

I kissed her again, caressing her face as our lips moved in sync.

"I don't want you to worry about anything," she whispered whenever we separated. "We will be okay. I promise."

"I believe you," I told her honestly as we stayed in each other's embrace. "We'll figure it out."

She smiled at my words before pulling me into another kiss.

We'll figure it out.

~*~*~*~

How are you guys?

Thank you guys again for all the love on this story :) and I'm so sorry for the drama I'm about to bring lmfaoo