23

Your POV

"Happy birthday, sexy," I heard someone say as they entered Renee's house.

I could hear my girlfriend greeting whoever it was before they rejoined everyone in the living room. It was Renee's birthday and she was having a get together at her house before going out.

I had met a lot of her friends tonight, and I was having a good time. I had decided to stay sober because Reneé was drinking, but I didn't mind.

"Baby," she called for my attention. "Can you help me find my purse?"

I nodded and stood up from my place on the couch, allowing her to grab my hand and lead me out of the living room. It wasn't until she was pulling me into her office that I saw her purse was already on her shoulder.

"I wanted you alone before we have to be around people the rest of the night," she told me, shutting the door behind us and pulling me in to kiss her lips.

I might've been sober, but that kiss made me feel so high. I pulled her into my body, caressing her hips as our lips moved in sync.

"Okay, no more," she spoke suddenly, pulling away and giggling. "You're making me horny."

I laughed out loud at her words, pulling her back towards me to peck her lips one more time. I licked my own lips, tasting the alcohol that Reneé had been drinking.

"I can't wait to get you alone later so I can give you your real present," I mumbled against her lips, watching her eyes dilate as she stared into mine.

She looked like she was about to say something before someone called for her from the living room.

"This isn't finished," she motioned between the two of us with her finger before planting a quick kiss on my lips and turning to leave the office.

I followed behind her with a goofy smile on my face. Somehow through all of that her purse had ended up in my possession, so I was now carrying that for her.

"Reneé!" I heard one of her friends call when we got back into the living room. "Come try this!"

I watched as she ran over to a group of her friends that I didn't recognize. She had probably introduced me to them tonight, but after a certain point they all just blend together. Especially since half of them look exactly the same.

I liked Reneé's main group of friends, but a lot of the people going out with her tonight were friends of friends and acquaintances. That was another reason I decided to stay sober. I didn't know a lot of these people and everyone in LA is a snake when the price is right.

I watched as they got her to take a shot of whatever they were drinking. Reneé wasn't close to drunk yet, so I wasn't worried about that. However, one of the guys in the group was clearly fucked up already.

I watched from where I was sitting as they all made small talk and he kept stumbling as he walked around the group.

He's about to bust his ass for sure.

As if on cue, he took a step and misjudged the distance between him and the coffee table. My body went into automatic as I quickly made my way to where they were all standing, but I wasn't fast enough to stop him from tumbling into the stool Reneé was sitting on.

Everyone in the room stood still for what felt like forever when the leg cracked and Reneé fell to the floor.

"Oh my god!"

I pushed a few people out of my way before kneeling next to her.

"Are you okay?" I asked Reneé as she pushed herself off the ground to reveal her scraped knee and torn panty hose.