i. one

‎

          AHN YOONA found herself in a white walled room. No windows, no door and certainly no escape. With the thick air and bizarre decor, an eerie and sinister atmosphere lingered inside the four walls. Yoona stood right in the middle of the room, torn between panicked investigating and logical deciphering. She didn't know how she got in — much less how she is to get out — but one thing was for certain, Ahn Yoona knew that she was in grave danger. Had she miraculously been teleported into another dimension? Was this one of the infamous backrooms? Or was she simply being pranked, the walls expected to open up soon.

Gathering her courage, Yoona dared to take a step forward towards the walls, inspecting and banging on each one, only to be faced with disappointment. Letting out a deep sigh, the girl approached an old looking sofa chair. It was cloaked in the type of fabric that you would come across when visiting your grandparent's home, dusty and colourful. Not thinking much of it, Yoona slowly sat down on the chair, leaning against it's soft cushion and closing her eyes for a second to rack her brain. Why was this happening? How did she get here?

The girl did not have long to think, for the chair that she was sat on began to shake, as did the walls, the ceiling and the ground. Yoona opened her eyes, alarmed and clutching onto the arms of the chair. She felt herself sinking deeper and deeper into the cushion. Suddenly, a crack on the ground appeared and Yoona, — together with the chair — got sucked in. It felt like she had been falling for hours, her eyes now tightly shut in fear, until everything just came to a stop.

‎ ‎

          THE WORLD wasn't shaking, she was not falling, and once the girl had opened her eyes, she found herself sitting safely in a bus, surrounded by her classmates. In disbelief, she straightened herself up and glanced around the bus, her bewildered gaze softening, upon momentarily glancing at Kim Junhee's sleeping figure. Yoona's attention did not last on the boy for long, before she adverted her stare to another one. The boy was sleeping peacefully and sound, as if he had no worries in the world, as if he was an innocent child. Yoona feared that if she took her eyes off of him, he would disappear and she'd never get to see that version of him again.