𝟬𝟬𝟯. ( who's the new girl, then? )

Start from the beginning

she turns her attention away from their moms and looks at her best friend, who looks positively exhausted with this night. everette sits at the table with her chin resting on her elbow, while she examines her long acrylic nails on the other hand. this month, they're an ocean blue color, perfect for the end of summer.

they're usually both very talkative at these dinners, but since her parents are mad at her tonight, deniz is afraid to even utter a word. everette doesn't seem to be in the best mood either, so the two are just sitting there wordlessly while their parents engage in boring, adult discussions and everette's two younger siblings are consumed by a coloring book of some sort.

deniz considers offering to clear the table to please her parents but mostly just so she can escape this atmosphere, but right as she's about to offer, her and everette's fathers both begin speaking in a quiet and secretive tone. this perks her interest, and she decides to remain seated so she can listen in to their conversation.

they're all the way on the opposite side of the table, so sadly all deniz gets are the words 'my boy', 'sponsor', and 'cherub'. she has no idea what any of that is supposed to mean. she furrows her eyebrows, turning back to everette, who she realizes is listening in as well. though unlike deniz, she looks interested rather than confused. overwhelmed with curiosity, she makes sure nobody is watching and takes out her phone from her pocket, switching it on under the table.

 overwhelmed with curiosity, she makes sure nobody is watching and takes out her phone from her pocket, switching it on under the table

dee 💌evieevieevieevieevie

dee 💌
evie
evie
evie
evie
evie

evie <3
girl...?
what's going on 🤨

dee 💌
nothing i'm just bored
and my parents are mad at me so i'm genuinely afraid to speak 😍

evie <3
BYEEE when are they not 😭😭
but i was so fkn confused cuz you've been so quiet all night
thought you were mad at me or something