Chapter 14

Trumpkin places the gold ring on Caspian's outstretched hand.

Caspian takes the gold ring out of his hand then slides it onto Riona's finger with a large smile. "With this ring, I bind my soul, mind and body with yours."

Riona let out a small huff of excitement at his words.

"In the eyes of the Creator, you are now joined as husband and wife. For all eternity, you will be one." The priest announces.

Caspian and Riona share a small kiss and they hear the large crowd of Narnians cheering. They both turn away from the priest and walk to the edge of the balcony where they look down on the massive cheering crowd. The guests on the balcony are throwing red rose petals at us as they walk past. They stand hand in hand smiling at the crowd.

Riona starts to stir and smiles to herself as she remembers the events of last night. She opens her eyes and looks directly up at Caspian who is sitting up a bit with his hand on his head propping it up making a smile grow on her lips. They're in their shared sleeping chambers after the first night they spent together as a married couple.

He gives her a soft laugh as seeing her smile. "Good morning, your Highness."

Letting out a little laugh at the new title, Riona speaks. "I don't think I'm ever going to get used to that."

Caspian raises his eyebrows. "You should try King Caspian."

Riona laughs and reaches out to caress his face. Caspian bends and gives her a kiss. "I can think of something more appropriate. How about 'dad'?"

He scrunches his eyebrows together confused. "What?"

She gives him a big smile and nods her head then laughs, Caspian looks even more confused.

"It's only been a few days, how could you know?" He says.

Riona still has her smile on. "A Queen knows."

They both share a very happy and excited smile as they kiss again. They hold each other's faces staring deeply at each other smiling.

"I didn't know it was possible to be this happy." He says and she gives a little laugh as she leans into him kissing him again. But suddenly he breaks apart the kiss. She sags in disappointment a bit but keeps wearing her smile. What is with him?

"I have a surprise for you." He is excited. Seriously?

"Whaaattt...?" She groans and closes her eyes. "Perfect timing for surprises. You ruined my mood."

"Oh, come on, my Royal Weapon. You will be happy to see it. Just give me a few minutes." Caspian says making her disengage from him as he gets out of bed.

"Look what I found!" He squeaks like a girl making Riona open her eyes to see Edmund's torch. A smile spreads across her face as he playfully raises his eyebrows. "I told you that you're gonna like it."

"You got me." Riona raises her hands in defence while laughing.

As he joins the bed, she cuddles into him. "Caspian?"

"Mmm?"

"Will we see them again? At least Lucy and Edmund?"

"We will. If Edmund wants his torch back. He better be back with Lucy."

Riona chuckles as she closes her eyes once again, resting herself in his arms, where she truly belongs.

The End.