031. ʜᴏᴍᴇᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ

Start from the beginning

"Against what?" Stefan asked, frowning.

"You leaving this in my heart. You see, a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So, it falls to you." He held the dagger out toward Elena.

"You want me to actually dagger you?" Elena asked, confused.

"Klaus will leave nothing to chance. Especially when it comes to trust." And with that Elena daggered him.

"Well, that was easy." Arabella commented.

Now

"I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself."

"Well, he's here." He got up and looks at Mikael's body. Arabella, Elena and Damon are also still there.

"Come by whenever."

"If you're lying to me, Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So answer with your life. Is what you're saying the truth?"

"It's true. I saw it with my own eyes."

"I want to talk to Arabella." Stefan looked at his mate who looked up at him from hearing her name. Klaus knew when Arabella lied. She had this kind of doubt in her voice as she spoke while lying. So, if she would not tell him the truth, he would know.

Personally, he thought he knew her better than anyone. After all he had been the one to know her when she was still human.

But how wrong he was...

"She's not here."

They heard Klaus sigh loudly and annoyed at the other side of the phone.

"Fine, then just let me talk to Rebekah." Stefan turned himself around to the Original. "That's not a problem. She's right here." He handed her the phone.

"Hello, Nik."

"Rebekah, love. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with a dagger?" Rebekah looked at her friend and Elena, both nodding at her.

"It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good." She paused. "I miss you. I'm miserable here."

"I'll be home soon."

"Good. I'll see you then, brother." She hung up, looked at her father and then gave the phone back to Stefan. "He bought it. He's coming home."

Elena sighed relieved as Rebekah leaves the room. Stefan looks at the others in the room.

"Now was that easy or what?" Damon asked.

"Let's just get this over with." Elena said. She wanted to be rid of the Mikaelson's as soon as possible.

"Can't we just let him stay daggered?" Arabella asked, looking down at the old man.

"Sunshine, don't tell me you're having second thoughts."

She looked away from Mikael. "No, but he's still an asshole who ruined his kids lives."

But Elena had already removed the dagger from Mikael.

⭒❃.✮:▹

Rebekah was painting her nails when Mikael woke up. She sat further in the seat, more comfortable, putting Arabella's nail polish back on the small coffee table. "Finally. Took you long enough."

"Rebekah-"

"Whatever fatherly rubbish you're thinking, save it. Nothing you say matters to me."

"I see." He stood up. "Where's my dagger?"

"Elena has it. So you can forget your plans to use it on me." The girl harshly glared at her father.

"You were never the one I was after."