001

"You should like get down! Before you die?"i yelled as I held my hand over the top of my head.
Looking up to John B who was balancing on one foot on top of the partially built house.

"Should I jump lani?"John B asked messing around as i shake head head turning to kei who came out talking about turtles and toilets or something of the sort. "Can you please not kill yourself?"kei says as she looks up to John B.

I sipped from my can as i shake my head taking a seat on a wooden beam. "Don't spill that beer, I ain't giving you another one" JJ says as he sits on his own can looking back to the water. At that exact moment John B of course drops the can causing everyone to laugh and John B a loud groan.

I turned my head as Pope mentioned security being here I grabbed my bag and fished the rest of my can tossing it into my bag before getting up.
"Gary is that you?!nice to see you man!"JJ teased before running off into the house.

I followed close behind all of them laughing as I jumped over a few power tools and such. I ran through the house and down the stairs close behind jj laughing as he nearly fell from trying to turn away from the guards.

They ran the opposite way only to be met with yet another guard that jj pushed away before they finally got out of the house.

I hopped over the fence waiting for pope and jj and laughed helping pope up as he fell face first" Come here you little pricks!"a guard yelled out as he tried to climb the fence but his big ass wasn't hopping nothing.

I ran and got into the Twinkie laughing as i sat up pushing my bag to the side. "Come on your so close come on you can do it!"JJ teases the guard chasing the car before tossing him the beer.

I sat up as I leaned back opening another can of beer as they drove through Obx.

The outer banks was the type of place where you either had two jobs or two houses. Two tribes one island.

There's the kooks lived on figure 8 side of the island, that's where we don't live. Well where they don't live, me and kie actually live on this side of the island but we hang out with pouges.

Thens there's the south side or "the cut" where the pouges live. Home of the working class. People who get shit done when it needs to be if you ask me.

Worst thing about being a pouge?we are ignored and neglected. Best thing about being a pouge?we are ignored and neglected. So that means we get to do whatever the hell we want whenever.

Let me introduce you to some people.
That's JJ he's probably one of the funniest people I know ,he's made fun of my accent ever since I first started coming over here during the summer time which was when I was 11. He's the best surfer I know, besides me of course.his dads a piece of shit but jj is nothing like him. He's definitely a little theif sometimes though.

Thens there kie my cousin when she's not saving turtles, listening to Bob Marley or getting a dolphin tattoo we go hang out with the boys. We never really knew why we hung out with them so much. We are actually both rich kids, best of both worlds I guess. Our family owns the wreck which is this outer banks institution which is a total hit with the tourists. I don't really know how kie's parents feel about the boys.

that's Pope the brains of the operation. Finalist for some fancy scholarship. And definitely the smartest person I know. He can be a bit odd at times. His dad's a legendary character, Heyward. Anything you wanted on this island Heyward could get it for you. I don't think Heyward knew what to do with Pope but it doesn't matter. He was a pouge just like the rest of us.
And last but not least. John Booker Routledge. His dad was lost at sea like three years ago and was assumed dead, but John B wasn't signing the papers until he saw a body. His uncle T is his legal guardian but is out in Mississippi or something I dunno.